Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Calvin Denker? Security guard at Taylor Swift concert says he was fired for asking fans to take his photo

2023-08-23 21:19
A fan video of Calvin Denker singing along to Taylor Swift's 'Cruel Summer' at the Bank Stadium has received 2.9 million views
Who is Calvin Denker? Security guard at Taylor Swift concert says he was fired for asking fans to take his photo

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA: The internet has been buzzing over Minneapolis security guard Calvin Denker who was caught singing along to Taylor Swift at a concert. However, it was not all good vibes as Denker now claims he was fired for asking the crowd to snap pictures of him, despite asserting he was "doing my job."

Why was Taylor Swift's security guard Calvin Denker fired?

A fan who was near the stage noticed Calvin Denker singing "Cruel Summer" when he was working for the security firm BEST in June and posted a video of it on TikTok, which he responded to.

His reaction convinced his employers that he had distributed notes to those in front of him asking to be provided any images he "found my way into."

He stated in his most recent update, "Long story short I was fired for it. My former security company said they had a rule against taking photos with any of the performers."

"The main issue that they had was with my follow-up video where I said that I handed out pieces of paper to ask to be sent any photos that I made my way in to."

Why did Calvin Denker went viral?

Calvin Denker, a security business employee who worked for BEST, announced his dismissal in a TikTok video.

Denker also acknowledged in his original TikTok that seeing the singer for free was always "the goal" after landing a position as a security guard, which he applied for after meeting with security at Taylor Swift's 2018 Reputation tour.

Denker achieved that goal working at the US Bank Stadium on June 23 and 24. He later recalled, "After night one I was realizing how close Taylor was getting to me, so I really wanted to get a photo to document it."

"So, I handed out these little pieces of paper that said I wasn't allowed to have my phone out but if Taylor Swift comes right behind me, please take a photo of me and text it to my number."

Some of the audience members in the front row complied although Denker stated that the person who shared the popular video of him singing wasn't among them.

Denker clarified, however, that "above all else I made sure that Taylor Swift was safe and all the fans had a good time" in a follow-up post made on August 17. He proclaimed, "I was doing my job."

However, the former security guard disclosed that he received the fateful phone call from HR "a couple days" after he acknowledged giving out his contact information in exchange for the request for photos of him with his idol.

Denker stated, "Beyond that the HR woman who called me wasn't able to articulate exactly what I did wrong."

On TikTok, the fan video of Denker singing along to Taylor Swift's "Cruel Summer" at one of the performances at the Bank Stadium has received 2.9 million views, as per Insider.

@calvindenker

Unexpected story time! #theerastour #taylorswift #minneapoliserastour @Taylor Nation @Taylor Swift

♬ original sound - Calvin Denker

After the video went viral, Denker revealed his identity in a TikTok with 1.6 million views of his own.

Denker claimed that although the person who shared the popular TikTok of him singing enthusiastically was really seated a few rows back and he did not pass her a note, he was nevertheless "so happy to see me going viral."

Tags news epcelebs