Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'This makes me very uncomfortable': Kate Winslet's nude scene in 'Titanic' still 'haunts' her

2023-05-18 16:23
Kate Winslet recalled an uncomfortable situation when a fan approached her with a sketch from the scene in the movie
'This makes me very uncomfortable': Kate Winslet's nude scene in 'Titanic' still 'haunts' her

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kate Winslet shot to fame and gained widespread acclaim after starring in James Cameron's 1997 blockbuster 'Titanic'. She played the lead character, Rose DeWitt Bukater, opposite Leonardo DiCaprio's Jack Dawson. The movie gained a lot of attention for several passionate and sensual scenes. Winslet, however, was not too thrilled to perform them.

It's impossible to forget how beautiful the actress, then 21, looked when she posed naked in 'Titanic' wearing just the 'Heart of the Ocean' necklace. Thought the movie was shot 26 years ago, that particular scene still "haunted" Winslet, per Yahoo!

RELATED NEWS

PCP poisoning and Kate Winslet almost DYING: How 'Titanic' nearly sank in tragedy

'You heard it here first': Kate Winslet finally weighs in on ‘Titanic’ door debate, fans say 'she let go'

'It's still haunting me'

In a 2014 interview with Yahoo! Winslet said that during the premiere of 'Divergent' in Los Angeles, a fan approached her with a realistic looking sketch of herself in the said scene. She said, "I never sign an autograph in this photo. This makes me very uncomfortable. Why do people do this? I am regularly asked to sign this photo."

Winslet added, "There's a photo of it as well that someone has lifted from a still of the film, and that photo gets passed around too. I'm like 'No! I didn't mean for it to be a photograph that I would end up seeing still 17 years later.' It's still haunting me. It's quite funny really," per E! News. It is unclear if the fan wanted her to sign it or if it was a gift

Kate Winslet is 'done' with nude scenes

Winslet is known for going nude in almost all her movies. The 47-year-old actress, however, admitted to the New York Times that she could be done going naked. Speaking about her "very hot grandma" sex scene in the HBO Max series 'Mare of Easttown', she said, "I think my days are getting a little bit numbered of doing nudity."

Winslet continued, "I’m just not that comfortable doing it anymore. It’s not even really an age thing, actually," adding that "there comes a point where people are going to go, ‘Oh, here she goes again,'" as reported by the New York Post.