Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who are Alan Arkin's children? The Oscar-winning actor and father of three leaves behind a great legacy

2023-07-01 04:51
'A loving husband, father, grand and great grandfather, he was adored and will be deeply missed,' said Alan Arkin's family in a statement
Who are Alan Arkin's children? The Oscar-winning actor and father of three leaves behind a great legacy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Legendary actor Alan Arkin has died at the age of 89. The star is survived by his wife Suzanne Newlander, and three sons, Matthew, Adam, and Anthony. The news of his death was shared by them in a family statement, "Our father was a uniquely talented force of nature, both as an artist and a man. A loving husband, father, grand and great grandfather, he was adored and will be deeply missed."

The actor was last seen in the Netflix show ‘The Kominsky Method’ along with Michael Douglas. The winner of the Oscars also got nominations in Emmy, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild nominations. While talking about acting, he said, "I'm like a horse going down the trail. Acting is so ingrained in my physiognomy and the channels of my brain that I find myself missing aspects of the business. But I don’t need it anymore. I should probably get over it.”

'So acting was my lifeline'

Arkin also talked about growing up in a conservative family during an interview with The Guardian. He further talked about lacking emotional connections with his parents, “I had this sense that I didn’t exist. My parents were wonderful people in many ways, but they weren’t affectionate. I don’t remember ever being touched by either one. I felt ignored to the point where I didn’t even exist – so acting was my lifeline to not feeling like I was being obliterated. For many years, the only place I felt alive was on stage.”

The Brooklyn native addressed his generation by recalling the time when he tried to find his footing, “But I think it’s worse now. Back then it was just a small segment of the population that was affected at first hand. The rest of them didn’t give a damn. They were into Elvis Presley and Gidget Goes Hawaiian,” he said.

Who are Alan Arkin's children?

Alan Arkin, 89, has three sons from his two marriages, Adam,66, Matthew, 63, and Anthony, 56. They all went on to follow in their father's footsteps and became actors. He shared Adam and Matthew with his first wife Jeremy Yaffe, and Anthony with his second Barbara Dana.

His notable movies include, 'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter' (1968), 'Catch-22' (1970), 'Edward Scissorhands' (1990), and 'Glengarry Glen Ross' (1992), among others.