Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'My fear is obvious': Shannen Doherty talks about cancer spreading to her brain in an emotional video

2023-06-08 01:45
'Yesterday's video was showing the process of getting fitted for the mask which you wear during radiation to your brain,' said Shannen Doherty
'My fear is obvious': Shannen Doherty talks about cancer spreading to her brain in an emotional video

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Shannen Doherty has provided an update on her health. The 'Another Day' actress shared a video of herself having radiation therapy for stage 4 breast cancer on Tuesday, June 7.

First diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, the star had previously revealed that her cancer had returned after going into remission in 2017. Doherty shared two videos on her Instagram showing her going under a CT scan and another video showing her preparing for radiation therapy.

'My fear is obvious'

"January 12, 2023. On January 5th, my ct scan showed Mets in my brain. Yesterday's video was showing the process of getting fitted for the mask which you wear during radiation to your brain," Doherty wrote alongside the video. She continued, "January 12, the first round of radiation took place. My fear is obvious. I am extremely claustrophobic and there was a lot going on in my life."

'This is what cancer can look like'

Shannen added in the caption, "I am fortunate as I have great doctors like Dr Amin Mirahdi and the amazing techs at cedar sinai. But that fear…. The turmoil….. the timing of it all…. This is what cancer can look like," Just Jared also reported. Shannen received huge support on the internet as she showed her battle with cancer, "Rooting for you, my irreplaceable friend. You have been such a fearless fighter your whole life, so it’s understandable to be a little scared from time to time. But when those moments pass, let that indomitable Doherty spirit take over anew. I love you so much, my Mallrat," actor Kevin Smith wrote in a comment. Actor Selma Blair wrote, "This is a lot. This is a lot to take on, still again. And I am wishing for all the wise peace you have learned to find you in the terror moments. To know we are holding you. Love. All love."

'You are a warrior'

"You are a warrior", wrote actress Sarah Michelle Gellar. The update comes amid her bitter divorce battle with longtime spouse Kurt Iswarienko which reportedly has left her devastated and further impacted her health. She even refused to provide financial support to him with a source earlier revealing to RadarOnline, "She’s refusing to give him a dime. This was the ultimate betrayal — he shattered her world."

Shanne as per the report was also preparing for the court battle and had hired the services of a famed attorney Laura Wasser. Shannen's divorce suit contains a demand for monthly support from Kurt. The lack of a prenuptial agreement before their wedding in 2011, however, was complicating the divorce proceedings.

Tags news epcelebs