Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

WWE NXT star Channing Lorenzo wants to challenge US champion Logan Paul: 'Working my b**t off'

2023-11-28 21:49
WWE NXT champion Channing Lorenzo plans to showcase wrestling skills to Logan Paul
WWE NXT star Channing Lorenzo wants to challenge US champion Logan Paul: 'Working my b**t off'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: During an appearance on 'Niko Knows Best' WWE NXT Champion Channing 'Stacks' Lorenzo discussed his ambitious plans for the future that also involved WWE US champion, Logan Paul.

Lorenzo, the current holder of the WWE NXT Tag Team Championship, reclaimed the championship on November 14 by defeating Chase U.

Lorenzo remarked, "I'm living in the moment right now. This is my immediate future, but ... I look at everybody. I look at Logan Paul. I see what he's doing."

Channing Lorenzo plans to showcase his wrestling skills to Logan Paul

According to Lorenzo, he used to be frequently likened to Logan's brother Jake Paul, even in crowd chants at live performances. It appears that this has left him harboring some resentment toward the Paul brothers.

"My goal [is to] show the rest of the world ... I'm working my b**t off out here," Lorenzo went on to say.

"He hops into my world [and tries] to take food off my table? Come on. We're going to settle that one day, wherever he is. He may be [the] United States Champion at the time. ... Maybe he'll de-throne Roman Reigns. We don't know. If he does, I'm going to be knocking on his door."

Early in 2022, following a few years of wrestling on the independent circuit, Lorenzo signed a contract with WWE. He was soon teamed with Troy 'Two Dimes' Donovan and Tony D'Angelo, and the group adopted a gimmick inspired by mobsters.

Donovan eventually quit the WWE and is currently a Cole Karter competitor in AEW. Lorenzo and D'Angelo persevered through a lot of controversy to win the tag belts together for the first time at the WWE NXT Great American Bash in July.

Paul, who can be seen on 'WWE SmackDown', won his first WWE title by defeating Rey Mysterio.

Logan Paul opens up about his win against Rey Mysterio

Logan Paul, who won the WWE United States Championship against Rey Mysterio, reflected on the significance of the title in an episode of the 'IMPAULSIVE' podcast.

“I wasn’t like a diehard WWE fan. I was a casual fan, I’ve always had so much respect for this sport; I always thought it was cool; I had my favorite wrestlers growing up," Logan Paul remarked during the podcast.

He went on to say, "I wasn’t watching Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smack Down every day like some people are doing now. But they asked me, what does this belt mean? What is it exactly? Even to me when I was an outsider, I don’t think I really understood what the belt meant."

“Now that I’m in the industry and I’m learning from my peers around me and I have such respect for the art of wrestling because it’s by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done. It’s much harder than boxing," he further added.

"Boxing is about navigating stress, I think. Because the hard work comes naturally for boxers, but it’s stressful, there’s a lot of pressure. If you can navigate stress well, which I can, wrestling’s much harder because it’s a 360-degree audience. There’s so many things involved in this sport that make it extremely difficult," he asserted.

WWE's Paul believes the belt symbolizes accomplishment and trust in human craft. Paul believes the WWE entrusts individuals with their publicly traded company, and the belt signifies significant disruption in their company. Paul reflects on winning the belt as an achievement, as it allowed him to see his life in front of him.

Tags news