Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Joshua Evans? Colleen Ballinger's ex-husband accuses comedian of mental abuse amid grooming allegations

2023-07-01 17:46
Colleen Ballinger's ex-husband, Joshua Evans, spoke about being gaslit when he was married to her
Who is Joshua Evans? Colleen Ballinger's ex-husband accuses comedian of mental abuse amid grooming allegations

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: YouTube star Colleen Ballinger’s ex-husband, Joshua Evans, has things to say about the grooming scandal involving the comedian-musician. After the 'Miranda Sings' star posted a song in response to the grooming allegations against her, Evans, took to social media to share his views.

The estranged couple started dating in 2009 and got married in 2015. After a brief marriage that lasted just over a year, the couple had an acrimonious divorce. Evans wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday, June 29, stating that he was subjected to mental abuse and gaslighting during his relationship with Ballinger. “This behavior was my reality anytime I spoke up & disagreed with her actions & rhetoric during 2009-2016. I was gaslit too,” he tweeted, adding, “I was made to feel like I was always the problem. Any pain I felt was an inconvenience and was belittled. Every ounce of what you’re feeling, I understand.”

The YouTube star, who was a force to reckon with on YouTube in the 2010s, became less active in recent years. He further wrote on Twitter, “I have no desire to use this as a catalyst for a YouTube comeback. It’s not a safe place for me. I’m past that. My voice is only here to help validate those that are hurting, nothing more. I have no need to make any money off of this. That is gross & not in my heart, whatsoever.”

Earlier the same day, he posted another tweet in which he spoke about gaslighting in a relationship and being the victim of a trauma-inducing relationship. He said, “Anyone feeling hurt & gaslit right now, my message to you is this: Your experiences were real. The proof is there. Your trauma should be taken seriously. The proof is there. Your anger is justified. The proof is there. You deserve better. Take your power back. Sending you love.”

Who is Joshua Evans?

Evans is not just a beloved YouTuber from the past decade, he is also an actor who has appeared in several Hollywood ventures. In the 2011 TV series, ‘Dream Maker’, he appeared as Josh. In the 2012 production, ‘Attacked on Set’, he played acop. In the same year, he also essayed the role of Carter Johnson in ‘Ticket to Ride’. In 2013, he appeared in a short film titled, ‘Pumpkin Spiced Feelings’. He also appeared in the 2017 TV series ‘V L O G’ as Joshua in two episodes. His last on-screen venture was in 2019 when he donned the suit of the Red Ranger in ‘Life After Power Rangers’.

Evans is also credited for directing two TV series, ‘Take the Stage’ and ‘New Stage’ in 2011 and 2012 respectively. He was a part of the dditorial department of both the two shows.

The Georgia-born YouTuber was the lead vocalist for the boy band The Cat's Pajamas. He was mainly famous for his YouTube channel, JoshuaDTV, where he posted several videos comprising daily vlogs, challenging tasks and music videos.

Evans is currently married to the 2011 ‘The Voice’ star, Pamela Rose Rodriguez. The couple married in 2018 and Evans often posts the daily tidbits of their lives on Twitter. Recently, the couple moved into their “own little home” together after years of obstacles.

What were the allegations against Colleen Ballinger?

In June, a YouTube content creator named KodeeRants alleged that Ballinger shared screenshots of her chats with another YouTuber, Adam McIntyre, in a group chat with her fans called "Colleeny’s Weenies." She was accused of asking her underaged fans their “favorite position”. After the allegations surfaced, Ballinger posted a ukulele-accompanied song where she tried to clear the confusion. While she accepted that her jokes were in “poor taste," she denied any grooming allegations. She stated, "I just wanted to say that the only thing I've ever groomed is my two Persian cats," adding, "I'm not a groomer. I'm just a loser who didn't understand I shouldn't respond to fans," as per E! News.

In 2020, McIntyre called Ballinger a liar in a video titled 'colleen ballinger, stop lying' where he chronicled their friendship when he was between 13 and 16. He accused her of putting him in an embarrassing situation with one being sending him lingerie during a live stream, as per NBC News. In 2020, Ballinger posted a video titled ‘Addressing Everything’, where she said, "I should never have sent that. I don't know what part of my brain was missing at the time that I thought, 'Oh, this is a normal, silly thing to do' . . . But I am not a monster."

Tags news epcelebs