Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Mike Perry? MMA star revealed as backup fighter for Logan Paul vs Dillon Danis, fans ask 'did Hasim back out?'

2023-08-23 13:52
The boxing match between Dillon Danis and Logan Paul will take place on October 14 at the AO Arena in Manchester, England
Who is Mike Perry? MMA star revealed as backup fighter for Logan Paul vs Dillon Danis, fans ask 'did Hasim back out?'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: For the boxing match between Dillon Danis and Logan Paul, Mike Perry will stand in as the backup.

On Misfits Boxing's 'The PRIME Card', which will take place on October 14 at the AO Arena in Manchester, England, and stream on DAZN pay-per-view, Danis (0-0) will face Paul (0-1).

The fight will take place at 195 pounds, with six rounds of three minutes each. Danis' attendance has been called into question by many, hence Perry has been selected as the backup for the fight.

Since his first-round submission victory over Max Humphrey in a June 2019 Bellator bout, Danis has not participated in any combat sports.

Mike Perry is a professional mixed martial artist and bare-knuckle boxer, currently competing in the Middleweight division in the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship.

Perry also formerly competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, where he fought 15 times.

Mike Perry is ready for Logan Paul

During the press conference on Tuesday, August 22, Mike Perry said, “Hey, I’m a real fighter. This is what I do. This is how I feed my family. These boys been getting money other ways."

He further added, "They want some respect in this game, so they called me here. If Dillon doesn’t show up, I’m ready to fight. And everybody knows, when you get Mike Perry on a card, you get the fight that you’re asking for.”

Since leaving the UFC, Perry has excelled for BKFC, defeating Julian Lane, Michael Page, a former Bellator championship contender, and most recently, Luke Rockhold, the former middleweight champion of the UFC, by TKO in April.

Mike Perry said, “I’ve been training. I stay fit. It’s a lifestyle for me. Logan is a pretty big guy. These guys are a little heavier than where I usually fight."

He went on to say, "As long as I’m in shape, I put the miles in, get some road work, lift some weights, and do my boxing rounds like I love, I’ll be ready to show up if they need me."

Fans wonder if Hasim Raham Jr backed out after Mike Perry replaced him

When the news about Mike Perry being the backup opponent broke, many fans were eager to know what happened to Hasim Raham Jr, who was the original pick for the backup fighter.

A fan commented on the video and said, “What happened to Hasim as the backup? I thought he was already chosen??? Did Hasim back out?”

Another fan commented, “Haha I knew Hasim Raham Jr wouldn't be the back-up fighter as previously announced. There's no way in hell Logan would have beaten Hasim, I don't even know if he beats Perry tbh, but it's a safer backup matchup.”

A third fan said, “Dillon will pull out and perry will knock that other clown unconscious,” a fourth added, “I have literally 0 interest in Paul vs Danis but would pay my actual hard-earned money to watch Platinum Perry hurt Logan Paul badly.”