Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Where is Jarred Billups now? Gwen Stefani reveals wanting to work with music teacher after rejection

2023-09-26 15:50
'The Voice' Season 24 singer Jarred Billups did not get any chair turn
'The Voice' Season 24: Where is Jarred Billups now? Gwen Stefani reveals wanting to work with music teacher after rejection

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Voice' Season 24 singer Jarred Billups was one of the contestants who won the judges' hearts but failed to shine in the show. After his exit, Jarred is still a music educator and seen collaborating with various music groups for gigs.

He recently uploaded a video with the representative of JLR Entertainment and R&B group Silk, Jnathen Rasboror.

He wrote in a post, "I remember growing up listening to Silk, trying my hardest to sing back exactly what I heard Fast forward to now, I’ve been blessed to be able to perform with ALL my favorites."

As of now, Jarred is also trying his hands on the piano. He posted a video of him singing and playing piano, saying, "Practicing a little piano! “Practicing” because I ain’t good at all Gotta get my stripes up."

After no judges pressed the buzzer and Jarred went home without being selected, Gwen Stefani claimed, "I hate it so much. I want to work with him."

Who is 'The Voice' Season 24 star Jarred Billups?

Jarred Billups introduced himself in 'The Voice' Season 24 as a 30-year-old from Fayette, Alabama. He called his city "sticky city" because of Golden Eagle syrup being made there.

Another reason why Jarred calls Fayette "sticky city" is because if you don't leave from there you'll be stuck in the city for ever.

Jarred revealed in the show that he "grew up poor." But, he is thankful to his mother for doing a wonderful job by making kids believe that poverty will change one day.

Jarred has been a music teacher for more than 7 years now.

Jarred Billups confirms he will return to 'The Voice' after rejection in Season 24

Jarred failed to turn any of the judges' chairs around. John Legend believed Jarred's performance did not help to "tell the story of the song in the right way."

Gwen Stefani commented, "Your runs were pretty good. It wasn't that. It was just they weren't in the right spots."

Niall Horns on the other hand showed his concern saying, "I don't like seeing no chairs turning especially for someone with a quality of voice like this." He suggested Jarred use his voice in the right way and come back to 'The Voice' in the future.

Jarred confirmed his return saying, "It absolutely 100% is."

Jarred Billups calls appearing in 'The Voice' Season 24 to be 'opportunity of a lifetime'

Jarred uploaded a video of him singing 'The Point of It All' by Anthony Hamilton. He explained in the caption how grateful he was to get a a chance to appear in 'The Voice.'

Jarred wrote, "Y’all don’t know how grateful I am for each and every one of y’all Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following and supporting me."

He added, "I never thought I’d get the opportunity of a lifetime but the man upstairs knew otherwise! The point of this post is I love y’all."

In another post, Jarred revealed, "Since I was a kid I’ve dreamed of seeing myself on tv. Hard work and faith have finally made it happen! NEVER stop working toward your dreams!"

'The Voice' Season 24 airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8/7c on NBC.