Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Tori Kelly alive? Grammy winner rushed to hospital with severe blood clots, fans pray for 'healing and full recovery'

2023-07-25 14:57
Grammy-winning singer Tori Kelly was admitted to the intensive care unit, where doctors discovered serious blood clots surrounding her vital organs
Is Tori Kelly alive? Grammy winner rushed to hospital with severe blood clots, fans pray for 'healing and full recovery'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Renowned singer and composer Tori Kelly is currently in the midst of a health crisis. She collapsed while out for dinner with friends in downtown Los Angeles. She was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU), where doctors discovered serious blood clots surrounding her vital organs. Her fans and colleagues are deeply concerned about this unexpected turn and eagerly await information on her health status.

Kelly originally rose to fame in 2010 on the ninth season of American Idol. Her debut album Unbreakable Smile from 2015, which featured the hits 'Nobody Love,' 'Should've Been Us,' and 'Hollow,' has been her most notable commercial success. She received five nominations for her two Grammy wins, taking home awards for Best Gospel Performance/Song for 'Never Alone' and Best Gospel Album for 'Hiding Place' in 2019.

Is Tori Kelly alive?

According to sources who spoke to TMZ, the 30-year-old Grammy winner apparently lost consciousness on Sunday, July 23, night while out to dinner with pals in Los Angeles. One insider told the publication that Kelly's health is "really serious" and that she is still in the hospital as medical professionals attempt to dissolve the blood clots.

The singer was eating when her heart suddenly started to beat abnormally quickly, per the outlet's sources. She apparently passed out after telling her companions about the issue; one person claimed that she was "out for a while." Instead of calling an ambulance out of concern for her safety, her companions made the critical decision to drive her to the esteemed Cedars-Sinai Hospital.

Medical staff immediately started assessing Kelly's condition inside the ICU. Blood clots were found in her legs and lungs, necessitating quick and intensive medical care. In addition, medical staff are carefully examining her heart to see if any clots are found. Kelly has suffered fluctuations in consciousness during her hospital stay, necessitating continuous monitoring by the medical staff to guarantee the best possible care and treatment.

Why are blood clots life-threatening?

Blood clots can prevent normal blood flow, which is a disease known as thrombosis, but they are also important for the body to stop abnormal bleeding and regenerate. According to the Mayo Clinic, deep vein thrombosis happens when a blood clot develops in one of the body's deep veins. The clots may then spread to other organs, where they could cause more significant issues. When a clot enters the lungs and becomes lodged, it prevents the lungs from receiving critical blood flow, resulting in a pulmonary embolism.

'2023 better not take tori kelly from us'

Fans and followers immediately took to social media, particularly Twitter, to express their concern and prayers for the Grammy-winning singer's speedy recovery. One fan exclaimed, "I need you Lord"-Tori Kelly Please Lord grant her healing and full recover." A second fan wrote, "2023 better not take tori kelly from us." Another fan expressed concern and wrote, "I really do hope Tori Kelly makes a full recovery swiftly. she’s so talented and sweet and unproblematic, she doesn’t deserve this." A fourth fan chimed in, "My thoughts are with tori kelly and her family. i’m hoping she’s okay :(" Someone else stated, "They better have the baddest b***h doctors working on Tori Kelly I’m not playing."

Another fan wished her speedy recovery and exclaimed, "Blood clots in the legs and lungs…wishing her a speedy recovery..but it’s baffling, bloody baffling…it’s a pandemic of blood clots now…to go with the myocarditis pandemic." One more comment read, "I grew up listening to Tori Kelly just completely in awe with her beautiful lyricism and her astounding tone. here’s my favorite from her as she makes a speedy recovery. praying and sending love."

Tags news epcelebs