Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why was Lana Del Rey waitressing at Waffle House? Surprised fans say 'employee of the month right there'

2023-07-22 16:24
Several videos and photos taken by fans showed Lana Del Rey working behind the counter at the restaurant in Alabama
Why was Lana Del Rey waitressing at Waffle House? Surprised fans say 'employee of the month right there'

FLORENCE, ALABAMA: Iconic singer Lana Del Rey left her fans delighted and astonished when she unexpectedly took on the role of a waitress at a Waffle House in Florence on Thursday, July 20. Photos and videos showing Del Rey behind the counter of the breakfast franchise quickly circulated on social media, igniting excitement among her devoted fans.

The 38-year-old 'Say Yes To Heaven' singer donned the restaurant's official server uniform, featuring a blue collared shirt, a short black skirt, white sneakers and a distinctive big yellow name tag. One snapshot captured her pouring a hot cup of coffee for a customer while her hair was neatly pulled back with a clip.

Why was Lana Del Rey waitressing at Waffle House?

Del Rey graciously posed for several pictures with her adoring admirers during her time at the establishment, although she has not provided any further context behind her spontaneous decision to take on the role of a waitress. According to a fan account's Instagram post, her visit to the Waffle House turned into a unique experience.

Additional photos showed Del Rey sitting in a booth alongside Waffle House employees, showcasing her down-to-earth demeanor and willingness to connect with her fans. Known for her musical talent and captivating lyrics, Del Rey released her ninth studio album, 'Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd,' in March. While she typically keeps a low profile and maintains a private Instagram account, her unexpected appearance at Waffle House has brought her into the spotlight once again.

'Oh literally SERVING!'

Del Rey's gesture prompted an outpouring of elated reactions from her supporters on social media. One of her fans, Karina Cisneros Juarez, took to Facebook to share a selfie with the 'Love' hitmaker. She wrote, “To say I am ecstatic is an understatement!!! LANITA I have been a huuuge fan of Lana Del Rey for over a decade, so meeting her today was truly insane." Juarez also shared a photo of DelRey's signature scrawled inside a copy of the singer’s book of poems, 'Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass.'

Another user tweeted, "I love that she lives her life however she wants." A third said, "Employee of the month right there." "Oh literally SERVING," read a tweet. "I love her so much it hurts," asserted a fan. Another fan wrote, "- What would you like to order? - marri u."

Tags news epcelebs