Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

HasanAbi joins Ludwig to slam Twitch's new guidelines, calls it 'technofeudalism': 'F**king absolutely psychotic thing'

2023-06-10 13:23
HasanAbi commented on Ludwig's video about Twitch's new guidelines, criticizing the platform for wanting to 'control all forms of revenue'
HasanAbi joins Ludwig to slam Twitch's new guidelines, calls it 'technofeudalism': 'F**king absolutely psychotic thing'

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA: Hasan Piker, a well-known YouTuber, voiced his disapproval of the new rules and policies implemented by Twitch. He echoed Ludwig's views regarding the streaming platform's plan to limit content creators' revenue. Twitch recently announced new sponsored content policies.

Due to their alleged clampdown on content creators, these new policies have since sparked significant outrage among streamers. Mogul Mail, more famous as Ludwig, called the new Twitch rules "dumb." The new regulations limit what creators can market on their networks.

‘We’ve moved beyond capitalism into technofeudalism’

Hasan's thoughtful response to Ludwig's reaction video regarding the new Twitch policies is both insightful and timely. Despite Twitch reversing its policies, Hasan remains informed and engaged, taking a strong stance on the importance of considering workers' rights in the streaming industry. He mentions that though he knows that Twitch has rolled back its new policies, he would still like to react to Ludwig's video.

Hasan provides a unique perspective on the topic, offering valuable insights about his own experience using an alternative platform. His measured response underscores his passion for the issue at hand and speaks to his unwavering commitment to advocating for fairness and equity for all content creators.

He added, “All of this is insane for the record, I think it's a f**kin absolutely psychotic thing to do, and it's just like, dramatically — it basically dramatically takes over the control over content creators who are 1099 employees like they’re f**king contractors, and its yet another way for twitch to basically try to like, you know, stop revenue streams that are independent of the platform itself. Ummm it also has like additional complications with content creation in general.”

“None of which actually harms me or impacts me in a significant way for the record I just wanna point that out,” he continued, saying, “My criticism to this from a worker rights standpoint and I think it is like absolutely f**kin psychotic to engage in such a thing and take away the autonomy of content creators themselves to this degree so that you can like be the one who is single-handedly responsible for serving whatever ads you wanna serve on the platform instead of figuring out better marketing solutions that are—figuring out better advertisement solutions and figure out better advertisement placements.”

“It's silly, it's short-term focused, it's completely ridiculous and it harms a lot of small content creators. I don't really give a s**t, I don't really do a lot of sponsored stuff it doesn't harm me in any meaningful way but it would destroy smaller content creators who make a lot of money this way,” he said. He also added, “They want to control all forms of revenue that you can generate on the platform.”

“What Twitch wanted to do here is what Yanis Varoufakis talks about when he says we’ve moved beyond capitalism into technofeudalism, where digital companies are wielding their ownership of digital ‘land’ to control everything in their fiefdoms and extract as much profit from it as possible.”

HasanAbi alleges in his video that Twitch is trying to limit the creators' income because they want a piece of it all. According to him, while an unavoidable revenue reduction may be acceptable, forcing creators to give away a portion of their earnings is absurd. Hasan is heard describing the current state as "technofeudalism," in which digital companies appear to be profiting by granting rights to "digital land."

'Twitch doesn’t care about their creators'

A user on YouTube wrote, "Let’s not lie to ourselves we knew Twitch doesn’t care about their creators," while another user wrote, "Dude I just closed Twitch out after watching this." Another user commented, "Am I the only one that knows Twitch is using this extreme rule change only to backpedal to something more “reasonable” that still would have been more problematic but since they could have done this everyone is okay with it?"

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news