Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ashley Ellerin: Ashton Kutcher's eerie connection to fashion student's 2001 murder and the Danny Masterson case

2023-09-10 16:55
Chrissie Bixler, who was once in a relationship with Danny Masterson, said on Instagram that she possessed secrets that could 'end' Ashton Kutcher
Ashley Ellerin: Ashton Kutcher's eerie connection to fashion student's 2001 murder and the Danny Masterson case

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Danny Masterson case is undeniably harrowing, marked by an unending barrage of controversies.

Masterson, known for his role in 'That '70s Show,' has been sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison for rape.

However, what made this case even more intriguing was the reaction it garnered from Masterson's former colleagues, especially the cast of the hit sitcom, who wrote letters of support for him, igniting a storm of criticism on social media.

Chrissi Bixler's cryptic post about Ashton Kutcher

One individual, who voiced her vehement opposition to these support letters, was Chrissie Carnell Bixler, the wife of Cedric Bixler-Zavala, the frontman of The Mars Volta, and one of Masterson's accusers.

Bixler, who was once in a relationship with Masterson, took to Instagram and stated that she possessed secrets that could "end" Ashton Kutcher, one of the celebrities who wrote in support of Masterson.

She boldly claimed, "Dear Ashton, I know the secrets your 'role model' keeps for you. Ones that would end you. Did you forget I was there?"

She added, "You were on speaker phone that night you called Danny on February 21, 2001. I heard everything. I heard the plan. In my opinion, you're just as sick as your 'mentor.'"

A significant backdrop to this controversy is the tragic murder of Ashley Ellerin in 2001, which involved Kutcher.

Ellerin, a 22-year-old fashion student, was brutally stabbed to death in her LA apartment on February 21, 2001.

She had plans to go on a date with Kutcher that night, who arrived at her home later than planned.

When he peered through a window after receiving no response at the door, he noticed what he assumed were red wine stains on the carpet, only to find out the next day it was Ellerin's blood.

Who was Ashley Ellerin?

Ellerin was a promising 22-year-old fashion student from North California.

She had enrolled at the LA Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in the fall of 2000 and reportedly began a relationship with Kutcher in February 2001.

Described as "beautiful, fun and spontaneous" by her friend Chris Duran, Ellerin was stabbed 47 times in her apartment, just before Kutcher was meant to pick her up for a date, taking her to a post-Grammys party, according to The Sun.

The circumstances surrounding Ellerin's murder raised concerns about a possible stalker. Her alleged killer, Michael Gargiulo, had been showing up unannounced at her apartment, offering to fix things around the house.

Ellerin had encountered Gargiulo when she went to get her flat tire fixed, not suspecting the horror that would follow.

Gargiulo, infamously dubbed the "Hollywood Ripper," faced severe consequences for his crimes. He was sentenced to death for the murders of Ellerin in 2001 and Maria Bruno in 2005.

In addition to these convictions, he was found guilty of attempted murder in a 2008 attack on a Santa Monica woman.

During his sentencing, however, Gargiulo vehemently maintained his innocence. "I've been framed by tunnel-vision detectives," Gargiulo said at the time.

Ashton Kutcher's testimony

Kutcher, who had a connection to the tragic events of that night, testified during Gargiulo's trial. He recounted how he had arrived at Ashley's home, knocking on the door repeatedly, but receiving no answer.

He assumed she had left for the night and was upset with him. Before leaving, he glanced through the windows and saw what he initially believed to be a red wine stain on the carpet.

"But that wasn’t alarming because I went to her house party [days before] and it was like a college party. I didn’t think much about it," he stated in court.

It was only later revealed that this stain was, in fact, Ellerin's blood.

Kutcher, understandably shaken by the revelation, cooperated with the authorities, informing them that his fingerprints were on the door and expressing his concern.

He said, "I remember the next day after I heard about what happened, I went to the detectives and said 'My fingerprints are on the door.' I was freaking out."

Bixler's Instagram post raised eyebrows with the insinuation that Kutcher may have reached out to Masterson regarding the night of Ellerin's murder.

However, the exact nature of this communication remains unclear, leaving us to wonder what Bixler may be implying about Kutcher.