Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

IShowSpeed's emotional response to penalty miss in Sidemen Charity Match leads trolls to dub YouTuber 'clown'

2023-09-20 18:25
IShowSpeed said, 'I was too scared, I was more focused on not missing rather than scoring, bro, that's all we're here to see'
IShowSpeed's emotional response to penalty miss in Sidemen Charity Match leads trolls to dub YouTuber 'clown'

CINCINNATI, OHIO: Darren Watkins, who is popularly known as IShowSpeed, recently went live to share his genuine emotions after failing to score a penalty during the Sidemen Charity Match.

The video garnered significant attention, and while some viewers were critical, labeling him as a 'Clown,' others empathized with his experience.

Adding context, on September 9, 2023, the eagerly awaited Sidemen Charity Match unfolded, featuring a showdown between Sidemen FC and YouTube All-Stars.

This event brought together a host of well-known streamers and YouTubers in an exciting charity football match.

Indeed, Sidemen FC emerged triumphant, but a crucial moment unfolded towards the conclusion of the match when Speed was unable to convert a penalty kick.

This incident sparked substantial online discussion, and Speed took to a livestream to openly express his regret and share his concerns about the missed opportunity.

In a recent development, he used his YouTube livestream platform to openly convey his emotions, which rapidly garnered attention and discussions on Twitter.

IShowSpeed in tears as he watches his 'penalty miss' video

During a recent livestream by IShowSpeed, he shared a TikTok video showcasing the moment from the Sidemen Charity Match when he missed a penalty kick.

In the clip, Speed took his shot at the goal, but to everyone's surprise, the ball didn't find its mark.

It's worth mentioning that KSI was in the goalkeeper position and playfully taunted him by making playful moves with his hands and legs.

KSI skillfully deflected the ball away from the net, leaving Speed with a sense of defeat, causing him to slump to the ground in disappointment.

Upon viewing this clip, Speed was profoundly affected and couldn't hold back his tears. Overwhelmed by his emotions, he rose from his chair, removed his headphones, discreetly wiped away his tears, and temporarily left the streaming area to compose himself.

IShowSpeed watches 'penalty miss' video alongside Rio Ferdinand

In a previous instance, he revisited the same 'penalty miss' video, this time with the company of former player Rio Ferdinand.

As they watched the video together, Speed openly discussed his feelings and thoughts about the moment when he was in position to take that pivotal kick.

He began by addressing KSI's role in the distraction, stating, “Yeah, he, he look, I wasn't nervous, I wasn't nervous but then he kept talking to me like playing my games and stuff. So I'm like, yeah, so you need chunks of stand in between you and him. Yeah, like, yeah, like then they started fighting. So I'm like, yo, bro, I'm trying to lock like why are y'all fighting while I'm trying to lock in, bro? Like, bro, like I'm trying to lock in, bro and he just messed that up though.”

As the video continued, Ferdinand observed how eager the fans were to witness Speed's penalty kick and remarked, “That's, I know, I know that that's Ronaldo vibes. Come on, man, you're in the right place, right, right now, you look like you're in the right place.”

In response, Speed explained, “I was thinking like left, left, left. I like I try to trick his up looking to right middle, left, up, down like I'm trying to. So you won't know where I'm going. If you show your eyes where you're going, you know, obviously the goalkeeper is gonna know you're going, going on that side. So that's why I'm I'm looking like all over the place. I sat there.”

Speed then questioned Ferdinand, “So what did I do wrong there?” Ferdinand noted, "You were more afraid of missing." To this, Speed said, "You're right. That's exactly what I was thinking. Exactly. I was too scared. I was more focused on not missing rather than scoring, bro. That's all we're here to see."

Fans react to IShowSpeed's video

After the video was shared on Twitter, fans chimed in with their perspectives and reactions to IShowSpeed's emotional moment.

One fan said, "I loved even the other team was like well lets get the bro a goal ... and ishowspeed just fumbled hahaha."

Another fan said, "He missed the goal btw." A third fan said, "Clown." A fourth user said, "Put it back on bro." A last user wrote, "He’s gotta get it back next year."