Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Asmongold defends xQc amid backlash over $100M Kick deal but fans nitpick his 'truths'

2023-06-23 22:24
Asmongold defended xQc while discussing why he didn't agree with the criticisms leveled at the latter but not everyone agreed with him
Asmongold defends xQc amid backlash over $100M Kick deal but fans nitpick his 'truths'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Asmongold, a popular live streamer, YouTuber, and content creator recognized for his gameplay of 'World of Warcraft' under the alias ZackRawrr, has stepped up to support xQc, another prominent streamer who recently signed a lucrative $100 million contract with Kick.

During one of Asmongold's recent Twitch live streams, while browsing through chats and comments, he came across an incident involving xQc's intense interaction with Imane "Pokimane" and watched the xQc’s video. He then opened up about his take on xQc. Here's a deep dive into why Asmongold defended xQc and why fans appreciate his take.

'You waste your time and you get so upset'

During Asmongold's most recent live stream, he observed that some of his fans were curious about the reasons behind the negative sentiment expressed by Twitter and Reddit users about xQc's decision. So he watched the xQc’s live stream where he discussed about the haters, xQc claimed, "People really get upset about that s**t. 'LSF (r/LivestreamFail subreddit), Twitter hate xQc for Kick.' Well, I mean, LSF and Twitter are small, whenever you compare it to YouTube, right? It's like, how many people are on, like, LSF? There's like a few thousand? This video came out, like what, eight hours ago? It's got 155,000 views. It's 44 f**king minutes."

After examining the feedback from his community, the content creator addressed those who had expressed criticism towards xQc for accepting a $100 million contract, he said, "So, you go and you look at this, and this is going to give you a better... what's the word for it? Like... a barometer on what the public opinion is. Right? That's what it comes down to. So yeah, it's the sample size. Of course!"

He then elaborated, "I mean, again, you can always - the thing is... you've got to remember, there's probably a billion people in the world that f**king hate you! But there's seven billion in the world. So, that means maybe seven billion won't. You're never going to win over, man! Like, you waste your time and you get so upset. You get mad all the f**king time. Getting pissed off about what people think about you. It's whatever."

He proceeded to provide an explanation about the controversy, aiming to clarify the situation for his fans, and put an end. “It's a very biased sample.' Every sample is going to be biased, right? Like, my channel. You know, everybody knows that xQc is in front of the screen. I don't really do anything with Pokimane. Right? Like, I don't have anything against her, right? But, I don't do anything with her, either. So people are obviously going to take his side. Everything is going to be biased." he concluded by emphasizing the importance of direct communication and encouraging everyone to address their concerns openly instead of talking behind.

"At the end of the day, I think that you should just try to shoot straight and wherever you land, just accept it. Because, if you try to chase people's approval, you're just going to be unhappy for your whole life. Because you will never, ever, ever make people that don't like you, like you. And, if you do, you'll have to sell your soul. So, that's what I think."

'Unbiased utopia for arbiters of truth'

After the video clip went viral on Reddit, One user said, “Asmon setting up for that Kick switch up soon.” Another said, “Yep. It comes from his mom. His mom was a big hoarder and taught him how to live like that. I have said this before. If Asmon's teachers in high school knew him a bit better, his family would have been reported to CPS for negligence.” The other said, “Yes, Asmon, surely YOUR comment section on YOUR video will be an unbiased utopia for arbiters of truth. Obviously LSF and Twitter aren't the end-all-be-all (or even close), but calling his comment section a better measurement for general public sentiment in regards to this specific topic is silly."