Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jennifer Lopez faces criticism for her conflicting stance on alcohol consumption: 'Publicizing her booze'

2023-07-06 05:55
'I drink to be social and have a good time and just kind of relax and let loose a bit, but always responsibly,' said Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez faces criticism for her conflicting stance on alcohol consumption: 'Publicizing her booze'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jennifer Lopez, the 53-year-old superstar, has addressed the criticism surrounding her new brand, Delola, by setting the record straight about her alcohol consumption. Despite previously stating that she does not drink, JLo revealed in a long video posted on July 4 that she now enjoys the occasional cocktail. While addressing the skeptics who questioned her involvement in a cocktail line, Jennifer said, "I know that a lot of people have been talking about like, 'Oh she doesn’t even drink. What’s she doing with a cocktail line?' And to tell you the truth, that was true for a long time. I didn’t drink."

She clarified that a few years back, she began indulging in the occasional cocktail, as evident from several photos of her taken over the past decade. "A few years back, as you will see from several photos of me out over the past 10 maybe 15 years, I have been having the occasional cocktail," said Lopez, as reported by Just Jared. "I do enjoy the occasional cocktail.” Jennifer emphasized that she drinks responsibly, stating, "I don’t drink to get s*** faced. I drink to be social and have a good time and just kind of relax and let loose a bit, but always responsibly." Exploring different cocktails in the past, such as White Russians and Rose, she admitted that she had never found a drink she truly loved, one that became her go-to choice.

Also Read: How did Coco Lee die? 'Mulan' singer and first Chanel brand ambassador for Asian region was 48

'So all of a sudden she’s been drinking for the past 15 years?'

On a market campaign as shown in the video, she describes Delola as a line of beautiful spritzers that she developed, ready to be poured over ice. She shares her aim was to create something that aligns with her way of drinking, something that fits her lifestyle effortlessly. However, fans are unforgiving and have slammed for the video, "So all of a sudden she’s been drinking for the past 15 years? Yet I’ve seen interviews where she says that she keeps herself healthy because she doesn’t drink. Oh Lord," an Instagram user pointed out. "You probably called the paparazzi yourself. This is a set-up for promoting your drink," one more user wrote. "...The whole thing was about publicizing her booze from the second she opened her mouth “I DO drink!” Of course, you do (!) because you want to make money off people with your sickly sweet booze! Run out of her liquid concoction at home? Pull the other one" another user wrote.

'You guys criticizing her for her husband's past'

Also Read: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson celebrates Fourth of July as he fishes for mermaid with daughter Tiana: 'Finally caught me one'

One said, "So boring you guys criticizing her for her husband's past! Give her a break, please... Live ur own life.''. "She strange. To promote having a liquor line and being married to someone with issues. So weird. All money isn’t good money," one more user criticized. "This is a feature-length documentary and it should win Best Picture," one user wrote about the video for being so long. "This is really bad." one user simply wrote. The criticism has stemmed from her being a nonalcoholic and discouraging its consumption. In 2015, she said, “I think [alcohol] ruins your skin. Of course, during celebratory toasts, everybody’s like, ‘You can’t toast with water!’ So I’ll toast with alcohol and just take a sip.”

More from MEAWW

Drena De Niro: Robert De Niro's daughter says her son Leandro De Niro Rodriguez died from overdose of fentanyl-laced cocaine

Who is Senada Greca? Meet the woman behind Kim Kardashian's amazing figure as workout video goes viral

Tags news epcelebs