Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why was Ginger Zee missing from 'GMA's '7th Inning Snacks' segment? Weekend host Gio Benitez takes over food tour in Minneapolis

2023-07-27 13:49
Gio Benitez took over the '7th Inning Snacks' series on 'GMA,' visiting Minneapolis to find sumptuous snacks around the Minnesota Twins' home ground
Why was Ginger Zee missing from 'GMA's '7th Inning Snacks' segment? Weekend host Gio Benitez takes over food tour in Minneapolis

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Good Morning America' initiative to find the best ballpark snacks in the country has inched forward to the new destination of Minneapolis, Minnesota. However, Ginger Zee, who kickstarted the food tour in Cleveland, was missing from its latest installment. It seems like the meteorologist would not be continuing with the food tour as the segment was picked up by Gio Benitez in its new destination.

During the July 26 episode of the morning show, viewers were surprised to spot Benitez taking over the spot of leading the '7th Inning Snacks' segment in Minneapolis at the home stadium of the Minnesota Twins. Even though the weekend host was joined by a KSTP-TV reporter in the Twin Cities, Zee's enthusiastic touch was definitely missing.

Why was Ginger Zee missing from '7th Inning Snacks'?

Over the summer, Zee has been extremely occupied with her robust climate change coverage. The 42-year-old meteorologist was the one to kickstart the '7th Inning Snacks', but it seems like her primary role in reporting on the weather got in her way as the temperature soars in some parts of the country. After touring Cleveland and Florida for the food tour, Zee was seen back in the studio reporting as her usual duties required, with Benitez taking her place to hunt for the delicious treats.

On returning home, Zee also posted a small clip on Instagram, talking about the high emission of greenhouse gases from affluent neighborhoods in the country. She was quick to point out how she tries to keep the emission to a minimum. "I’m aware affluent neighborhoods which I have the privilege of living in, emit up to 15 times more because of lifestyle. That’s why I’ve made investments in reducing everywhere I can: we have only electric vehicles, I am incredibly strict with our energy use (only use AC when sleeping & not at insanely cold levels), we have solar panels, we try to shop local on everything we can and buy seasonal groceries if not supporting local farmers," Zee captioned her post.

Gio Benitez introduces four sumptuous snacks at Target Field

During the July 26 episode, Benitez was present at Target Field, the home of the Minnesota Twins, to introduce the viewers to the sumptuous snacks available at the stadium. The segment enlightened viewers about a Cuban sandwich called Tony, named after Twins Hall of Famer Tony Oliva, a fan favorite fried chicken, as well as a food outlet named Red Cap, which has a sophisticated take on a classic burger with beer mustard and cheddar bratwurst. Toward the end, the weekend host tasted the rice noodles with mung sausage prepared by a local chef and was taken aback by its taste. Though the '7th Inning Snacks' food tour is set to continue, Zee's return remains a mystery.