Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Fauda' star heads to frontline of Israel-Hamas war amid rumors 'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot could be called up to fight

2023-10-11 00:49
As Israel fights the Palestinian military group Hamas, Lior Raz will be part of the rescue team assisting families that are stuck in Sderot
'Fauda' star heads to frontline of Israel-Hamas war amid rumors 'Wonder Woman' Gal Gadot could be called up to fight

TEL AVIV, ISRAEL: ‘Fauda’ star Lior Raz has decided to play an active role and join his ‘brothers in arms’ on the frontline of Israel-Hamas war.

As his nation fights the Palestinian military group Hamas, he will be part of the rescue team assisting families that are stuck in Sderot, an isolated town.

Lior Raz gives an update from ground-zero

The 51-year-old shared a video from the battlefield on X (formerly known as Twitter) where he, along with the hit show’s creator Avi Issacharoff, avoided rockets fired by the Palestinian military group Hamas.

He captioned the clip, “Acompanied by Yohanan Plesner and Avi Issacharoff, I headed down south to join hundreds of brave 'brothers in arms' volunteers who worked tirelessly to assist the population in the south of Israel. We were sent to the bombarded town of Sderot to extract two families.”

Meanwhile, the Israeli authorities are yet to confirm his role in the rescue operations. It is believed that at least 100 people were taken hostage amid the surprise attack by Hamas on Saturday, October 7.

Raz, earlier in his Instagram post, said, “Remember who started the massacre. Hamas is an organization that wants to destroy the Jews and does not want to talk about peace in any condition.”

“When the war turns, and we promise you that we Israelis will turn it, and Gaza will absorb the losses, remember that we go into this war with a heavy heart, with no desire to kill innocents, and with no choice in the face of those who come against us,” he added.

Will Gal Gadot fight Palestinian military group Hamas?

There are also talks that Gal Gadot can be called up to serve amid the ongoing war. The ‘Wonder Woman’ star has done her mandatory military service in the Israeli Defense Forces as a combat trainer, as per Daily Mail.

The ‘Heart of Stone’ actress, in a previous interview, said, “It's not about you, you're not number one. Right now we're doing something for a greater objective and when you film a movie, the greater objective is to make a great movie.”

'I'm not spoiled, I know how to work hard. I have a really strong work ethic and I think it's related to that,” she told Fox.

As per previous figures, at least 700 civilians and soldiers have been killed by Hamas. The 38-year-old was among the first Hollywood celebrities to openly support Israel.

She wrote, “I stand with Israel you should too. The world cannot sit on the fence when these horrific acts of terror are happening!”

Tags news