Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

John Travolta praises daughter Ella Bleu as she recreates Tom Cruise's holiday gift cake: 'This is delicious'

2023-06-06 17:49
Tom Cruise famously sends the coconut bundt cake, which comes with 'chunks of sweet white chocolate,' to all his celeb friends every year
John Travolta praises daughter Ella Bleu as she recreates Tom Cruise's holiday gift cake: 'This is delicious'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: John Travolta shared a video on Instagram on Monday, June 5, of his 23-year-old daughter, Ella Bleu, recreating the coconut bundt cake Tom Cruise famously sends his celeb friends every holiday season. “What do we have?” Travolta asked as Ella mixed up the frosting. “This is a remake of the Tom Cruise cake,” she said.

The 'Grease' actor, 69, captioned the Instagram clip, "Re-creating the famous Tom Cruise gift cake," while referencing the $126 bundt cake put out by Doan's Bakery in Woodland Hills, California that Cruise sends every year. In the video, Ella, who is seen in the family kitchen alongside her father, said she was working on a "remake of the Tom Cruise cake," while Travolta said he was "watching" eagerly.

'This is delicious'

The Oscar-nominated actor also complemented his daughter's culinary skills. "Oh my God, this is delicious, oh my goodness, oh my goodness," the actor said as he took a morsel of the dessert into his mouth. Travolta's youngest son Benjamin, 12, also enjoyed the dessert. “Good. It’s really good,” he said in the video.

The cake came to the limelight earlier this year when Brooke Shields disclosed in April that this past holiday season was the first time she had not received one of the popular cakes in over a decade. "I was on the list for a while - I had a good 10-year run, and I got the coconut cake every year," the actress told People. "It was from them and Suri, so it was the three of them, and then soon it was no Suri and no Katie and just Tom. Then it went from just Tom for a while, but not every holiday. And then the cake stopped."

"I want to get back on that cake list. It's the best cake. Tom, I need to be back on the cake list," she begged.

What does the cake consist of?

According to Goldbelly, the cake consists of "a ring of moist, luxurious coconut Bundt cake," "chunks of sweet white chocolate," a layer of cream cheese frosting, and toasted coconut flakes on top. Karen and Eric Doan, the mother and son duo who owns the bakery that prepares the cake, were grateful for Cruise's yearly contributions. "This year has been a really rough ride," Eric told Yahoo back in December 2020. "In March and April, we wondered if we were even going to be able to stay open." "Now, I'm spun like a top," he said of the holiday season, adding that Cruise's order "honestly is one of the things that kept us alive" during the pandemic. "There were years they kept us in business," he added.

Travolta's alleged beef with Cruise

Travolta, just like many of his Hollywood peers, has found comfort in the Church of Scientology throughout his career. One of his fellow high-ranking scientologists is Tom Cruise, who remains one of the quasi-religion's most notable figures alongside the current leader David Miscavige. But despite sharing the religion, it was revealed that the actors are not on good terms.

A former guard for the Church, Brendan Tighe, told Daily Mail in 2018 that Travolta grew frustrated during his tenure as a prominent figure in the organization. The problems allegedly first arose in 2008 when Miscavige awarded Cruise the coveted ‘Freedom Medal of Valor’, an honor which is only saved for the Church’s “most dedicated member.”

Tighe claimed that this made Travolta extremely “jealous.” “It’s no secret that Cruise and Travolta despised each other,” Tighe said. “Travolta wasn’t invited to Cruise’s wedding with Katie Holmes, it told me everything.” He explained that Travolta did not “recognize Cruise as a superior in any way” despite Cruise’s high rank in the Church of Scientology. Tighe added, "When Cruise got that medal, Travolta was so pissed off.”

“The closest person Miscavige had ever said that about before was Travolta. He was told by Miscavige that he was the most dedicated Scientologist and had introduced more members than anyone,” Tighe added, explaining Travolta’s jealousy. “So it was like getting his title stripped; he was jealous.”

'That is so sweet!'

Instagram users reacted to Travolta's post with adoring comments. One user wrote, "That is so sweet !!! How your always with your kids!! 😍 love love love!" Another wrote, "Makes me want some... This is making my Raw fruit and vegetable diet a challenge. Lol." One fan said, "Such a beautiful video . Love how united this family is. And omg this cake looks delicious. Beautiful", while another asked, "Any chance Ella would be willing to share her recipe?" "Blueberry cheesecake next", demanded one fan.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.