Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Sophie Turner may have been 'blindsided' by divorce, 'GoT' star was partying just days before news broke

2023-09-07 20:47
Joe Jonas officially filed for divorce from Sophie Turner on Tuesday, September 5, after four years of marriage
Sophie Turner may have been 'blindsided' by divorce, 'GoT' star was partying just days before news broke

BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND: Sophie Turner was seen partying "without a care in the world" shortly before her divorce from Joe Jonas was announced, according to a bar manager who spent the evening drinking with her.

The 'Game of Thrones' actress enjoyed cocktails and shots at the DropShot bar in Digbeth, Birmingham, during a wrap party to celebrate the wrap of filming in the city for her upcoming ITV series, 'Joan' as per Daily Mail.

Sophie Turner was 'happy and relaxed' before her divorce

DropShot bar's manager, Herzon Stephenson, was present along with around 70 members of the production team having drinks with Turner.

"She was great company and a really good laugh. I couldn't believe how happy and relaxed she was. You would never have thought that she was going through a divorce," Stephenson said.

"We spent a lot of time chatting and drinking because we had a lot in common. I'm from Coventry and she's from Warwickshire and we were both on the party scene in that area at the same time, so we had some common friends."

He added, "We spoke about places we both used to go to like the Smack nightclub in Leamington Spa. She was reminiscing about those days of going out, dancing and getting drunk. We had a great laugh chatting about old times."

Sophie Turner did not mention about the divorce

"She never once spoke about her husband or kids and never mentioned anything about getting divorced."

"So, when the news came out a few days later, I was very shocked, but it also made sense because it was obvious when I was with Sophie that she wanted to return to her days of partying. I sensed that she was missing those times."

He added, "We drank a lot, and it was quite a wild party. She really let her hair down and I got the feeling that she was really enjoying her life even though her marriage had gone to pot."

"She's a very down to earth West Midlands girl and doesn't behave like a big star at all. At one point she was trying to organise some karaoke and even joined me behind the bar for a couple of shots."

Stephenson disclosed that the production company had contacted him a week before the party and requested to host the event for free, mentioning that an A-lister would be in attendance.

"'They didn't want to pay for the venue but told us that having a high-profile celebrity at the DropShot would be good exposure for us, so we agreed to it."

"We had an idea that Sophie would be coming because we knew that she was filming in the city, but we weren't sure about it. But the moment she walked in, we immediately recognised her."

Stephenson said, "Sophie's a real party girl and wanted the night to continue so she was talking about going on to somewhere else with her friends, even though she was pretty hammered. But that didn't surprise me."

Just four days after the DropShot party, Jonas, 34, filed for divorce from the actress. The couple later released a joint statement where they said it was a "united decision."

Reports suggest he saw something on their security camera that made him decide to end their marriage. A friend of Turner's said she felt trapped and regretted not having more fun after getting married and having kids at a young age.

Tags news epcelebs