Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Emma Stone jokes 'she'd be thrilled' if she 'never had to talk again' while promoting her upcoming silent film ‘Bleat'

2023-10-06 05:24
'I wish often [that] we could cut many lines of dialogue because I think people can say a lot more without speaking,' said Emma Stone
Emma Stone jokes 'she'd be thrilled' if she 'never had to talk again' while promoting her upcoming silent film ‘Bleat'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Emma Stone loves to stay quiet, whenever she can! The ‘Easy A’ actress recently shared her ‘favorite’ thing at the premiere screening of her upcoming silent film ‘Bleat.’

“If I never had to talk again, I’d be thrilled,” she said, adding “And so would a lot of other people.”

Emma Stone feels people can say a lot more without uttering a word

The 33-year-old spoke during a Q&A session moderated by the New York Film Festival’s (NYFF) artistic director, Dennis Lin.

“I’m being serious. It’s my favorite thing to not have to speak. I wish often [that] we could cut many lines of dialogue because I think people can say a lot more without speaking,” said Emma.

The director Yorgos Lanthimos and Emma Stone have collaborated for the third time after working on 2018’s ‘The Favorite’ and ‘Poor Things.’

Emma wasn’t allowed to talk about the latter project, amid ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike but, as per Variety, the ‘Bleat’ makers secured an interim agreement with the union which permitted them to discuss the short film.

The actress was not at her A-game and apologized for being “pretty nervous" during the conversation. Emma explained, “I haven’t done this in a while. I’m sorry!”

The duo of Stone and Lanthimos joked that their collaboration ‘always explore themes close to sex, death and goats.’

“It’s, like, nonstop, every day. He calls me and he’s like, ‘Goats — what do you think? Death?’ I’m like, ‘OK, still? We shot this three years ago,’” Emma said.

As per the movie’s synopsis on IMDb, 'Bleat' is a “Silent short film, set on the Greek Cycladic island of Tenos. A woman in black is mourning inside a simple house. Reality blends with dreamy imagination and tradition with insidious desires.”

What did Lanthimos say about Emma Stone's role in 'Poor Things'?

Filmmaker Lanthimos earlier talked about Emma’s character in the fantastical thriller ‘Poor Things’ at Venice International Film Festival premiere.

"It was very important for me to not make a film that was going to be prude because it would be completely betraying the main character. So we had to be confident," he said in Italy.

"The character [had to] have no shame, and Emma had to have no shame about her body, nudity and engaging in those scenes, and she understood that right away," he added.

Tags news