Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Shania Twain breaks silence on 'very scary' bus crash amid 'Queen of Me' tour in Canada, says 'touring family are safe'

2023-11-11 03:58
13 members of Shania Twain's touring team were hospitalized for injuries following a weather-related accident
Shania Twain breaks silence on 'very scary' bus crash amid 'Queen of Me' tour in Canada, says 'touring family are safe'

SASKATCHEWAN, CANADA: Shania Twain is addressing her tour bus crash that took place on Wednesday, November 8, in Canada.

The incident took place on an icy highway at around 7 am in Wolseley, Saskatchewan, about 60 miles east of Regina. The incident left 13 people in the country singer's touring team injured. They were immediately rushed to nearby hospitals, reports ET Online.

Shania Twain says her 'touring family are safe'

On Thursday, November 9, the 58-year-old singer shared an update to her fans on social media about the incident.

"First and foremost my touring family are safe," Twain said on her Instagram Story.

"Anyone needing medical care is receiving great support," said the singer who was not on the touring bus at the time of the crash.

"The local community and every single crew person has been phenomenal in the face of a very scary scenario," she added.

"Hug and hold those you love, we are doing the same!" Twain concluded her post.

What led to the touring bus crash in Canada?

The multi-vehicle crash took place when a truck and a bus carrying Twain's crew members working for the 'Queen of Me' tour faced hazardous driving conditions due to inclement weather that led to the accident.

Twain's management company, Maverick Management's statement to the outlet shared that the bus was involved in a highway accident driving between Winnipeg and Saskatoon.

The representatives noted that "members of the production crew who require[d] medical attention have been taken to nearby hospitals."

"We are incredibly thankful to the emergency services teams for their quick response and ongoing support. We ask for patience as we look after our touring family," the representatives added.

A Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokesperson confirmed that 13 people were injured in the incident and were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

They stated that a report on the incident was first received just after 7.00 am. The RCMP was initially told that a bus had rolled over on the highway.

Speaking to ET Online on Wednesday, November 8, at the 2023 Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, Tennessee, Lily Rose, who recently became part of Twain's tour said she had just learned about the crash.

"I have not talked to Shania. We just got off the road 48 hours ago. Luckily everyone's heart is still beating. It's really hard to celebrate with those being our friends," she told ET.

The 'Giddy Up!' singer's tour is scheduled to appear next on Saturday, November 11 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Canada.

Tags news