Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She's channeling Marge Simpson': Kim Kardashian's outfit during SKIMS and NBA collab draws trolls

2023-10-31 10:54
'The Kardashian' star Kim Kardashian's SKIMS is now official underwear partner of NBA
'She's channeling Marge Simpson': Kim Kardashian's outfit during SKIMS and NBA collab draws trolls

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Kardashian' star Kim Kardashian has recently announced that her clothing and intimates brand, SKIMS, has officially partnered with the National Basketball Association. The reality star shared a series of photos while announcing the partnership.

Kim wrote on her Instagram, "Introducing the SKIMS and NBA partnership. @SKIMS is now the Official Underwear Partner of the @NBA, @WNBA and @Usabasketball." In the photo, Kim posed alongside NBA commissioner, Adam Silver, and Jens Grede.

However, the reality star receives trolls over her outfit which the social media users compared with 'The Simpson' character Marge Simpson. Kim sported a pink cropped shirt styled with black pants.

Meanwhile, a Reddit user photoshopped the pic of Kim with Marge and captioned the thread, "Kim Chanel-ing Marge Simpson." Another user agreed, "Marge definitely beat the hell out of Kim with that outfit."

Another person asked, "Why is Kim wearing Marge Simpson's Chanel suit?" Another critic said, "Mrs. Simpson is THE moment in her Chanel suit. Kimothy is a nobody."

Another social media user wrote, "This is exactly what i thought of 😂 In the first picture I thought maybe she actually had a cute outfit on but NOPE next two pictures ruined that idea lol. Marge definitely wore it better!" Another Internet user penned, "Marge wore it best. Fight me."

Comment
byu/Radiant_Beyond8471 from discussion
inKUWTKsnark Comment
byu/TaskSignificant4171 from discussion
inKUWTKsnark Comment
inKUWTKsnark Comment
inKUWTKsnark Comment
byu/Radiant_Beyond8471 from discussion
inKUWTKsnark

Kanye West compares his ex-wife Kim Kardashian to Marge Simpson

Kim Kardashian's ex-husband rapper Kanye West helped her in styling when they were together. However, the reality star admitted in an episode of 'The Kardashian', that she felt insecure while styling herself for the WSJ's Innovator Awards in November.

The event marked the first time she styled herself without her husband's input in nearly a decade. Kim admitted to being 'so nervous' about her outfit choice, which was a faux leather dress from her SKIMS x Fendi collection.

Meanwhile, Kanye did not approve of her self-styled look and compared it to Marge Simpson. Kim revealed in the Hulu show, "Kanye called me afterwards. He told me my career's over and then he showed me a picture of Marge Simpson wearing something similar."

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver reacts to SKIMS and NBA partnership

Adam Silver, who has served as the NBA commissioner since 2014, dubbed Kim Kardashian's clothing company SKIMS 'culturally influential' in a press release. He shared, "SKIMS has quickly become one of our most culturally-influential brands."

Adam added, "We look forward to bringing NBA fans and SKIMS users unique experiences, new offerings and premium products through our partnership." Adam then explained that fans can expect to see the partnership 'come to life' at 'future marquee events, including the All-Star Game, in-season tournaments and probably the playoffs.'

Kim Kardashian feels 'incredibly proud' as SKIMS becomes the underwear partner of NBA

'The Kardashian' star has recently expanded her shapewear brand SKIMS to a menswear line. However, after the successful launch, Kim joined hands with the NBA as the clothing line became the official underwear partner of the NBA.

Kim recently released a statement via a press release on the NBA's website noting, "I am incredibly proud of SKIMS partnership with the NBA, as it is a reflection of SKIMS growing influence on culture."

Kim went on to express what she hopes the partnership will accomplish. She said, "Together, SKIMS and the NBA will connect people of all backgrounds through fashion, sport, and talent, and I look forward to seeing the partnership thrive."

Tags news