Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Stupidest thing': Mama June reveals her struggles with substance abuse and spending $1M on drugs

2023-05-11 06:26
'Man, why in the hell did I blow all that money? I am always thinking about that. I think about a lot of things I could do with that money', said Mama June
'Stupidest thing': Mama June reveals her struggles with substance abuse and spending $1M on drugs

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mama June Shannon talked about her fight with drug addiction and spending $1 million on cocaine before going to rehab. The reality star admitted that she was deep into cocaine during her relationship with ex-boyfriend Geno Doak. Mama June became a household name after the popularity of her daughter Alana ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Thompson on Toddlers and Tiaras a decade earlier.

Mama June was asked what would she say to her past self, she said, “Girl, what the hell are you doing spending all that d**n money?” before adding, “I say that a lot to my husband [Justin Stroud]. I would be like, ‘Man, why in the hell did I blow all that money?’ I am always thinking about that. I think about a lot of things I could do with that money. My husband tells me all the time that I can’t dwell on it.” She often faces demons from her past and that makes her feel quite bad, “I don't remember like a lot of that time frame. Just bits and pieces and stuff. But the biggest, stupidest thing I’ve done is spend that much money on drugs.”

READ MORE

'People do stuff for show': Mama June slams Jo Shannon for 'not being around family' as niece Anna battles cancer

Mama June debunks rumors of Honey Boo Boo's baby plans, says she's headed to college

'Used to spend up to $3,000 a day on drugs'

Mama June said a lot has changed since then, “Now I’ve gone back to being like penny pinching, and Justin tells me I'm a money hoarder.” During her worst days, the reality star said she used to spend up to $3,000 a day on drugs. Three years sober, the reality star still faces health issues over unidentified reasons, "I hate that the doctors will look at someone who has been through something in their life, like an addiction, and they think that someone can't change. I'm over three years straight and clean. But when I'm honest and tell people that, the doctor just looks at you like you've got some major disease and I don't. I just want the answers and I'm not getting them. I’m trying to get into to see the best doctors that I know back in Georgia, but it is taking some time,” told Daily Mail.

She will be seen in the new television show, ‘Mama June: Family Crisis’ focusing on how the family comes back together and fix their relationships. It will also feature June’s wedding ceremony and Alana’s high school graduation.

Tags news