Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul slammed over performance against Nate Diaz, boxer defends himself: 'It's gonna be sloppy against an unorthodox MMA fighter'

2023-08-22 13:20
Jake Paul has blamed Nate Diaz for his performance during their boxing match after receiving 'sloppy' criticism
Jake Paul slammed over performance against Nate Diaz, boxer defends himself: 'It's gonna be sloppy against an unorthodox MMA fighter'

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul has maintained that Nate Diaz's unusual boxing technique prevented him from showcasing all of his abilities throughout their battle.

YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul won his first match since losing to Tommy Fury in February earlier this month, defeating UFC icon Diaz.

Paul got off to a quick start before knocking Diaz down with a left hook in the fifth round of their one-sided bout.

Despite Diaz's ability to bounce back and continue to dominate in the latter rounds, Paul prevailed by unanimous decision.

Critics slam Jake Paul

The Problem Child has subsequently received criticism for his performance from people like Eddie Hearn and YouTube competitor KSI, who thinks the night's shot selection was subpar.

Paul has blamed Diaz for being a difficult opponent in response to critiques of his victory.

“If you're going in there against a really sharp boxer with a high level of thinking and boxing IQ, it turns into this chess match. Both people look really sharp and composed, it looks more like art because of the fancier technique,” Paul said on his B/S podcast.

He added, “When you're in there with a dog and you're punching the s*** out of him, he's not going down and keeps coming forward. It turns into a brawl and who wants it more.”

He also said, “Who is punching harder and who is throwing more punches? It's gonna be sloppy against an unorthodox MMA fighter. I think the people who really see it can tell my left hook has developed, it's my first time dropping an opponent with a left hook."

"Highest punch count, balance, footwork, speed, body shots and combinations. Moving on the outside with more feints and not slowing down the whole time," Paul said.

Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz rematch

Paul has made Diaz a $10 million offer to fight in the PFL and wants to rematch them in MMA.

Paul stated that facing Canelo Alvarez would be his ultimate objective in boxing and that he would be open to taking revenge for his defeat at the hands of Tyson Fury.

After his bout with Diaz, Paul mocked those who offered him guidance by citing the late Roger Mayweather.

“It's funny because people think they know about boxing. Someone messaged me saying 'Yo, why weren't you throwing the overhand right?'. Guys, come on now. If his hands are up, where is the overhand right going to land guys?" Paul said.

"Welcome to the first guard, that's going to get blocked. So what's open, it's the body,” Paul mentioned.