Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Michael Oher's net worth? Former NFL player details his frustrations with 'The Blind Side' as he explains his tough upbringing

2023-08-15 14:57
Michael Oher expresses frustration with 'The Blind Side' and details tough upbringing before legal complaint against Tuohy family
What is Michael Oher's net worth? Former NFL player details his frustrations with 'The Blind Side' as he explains his tough upbringing

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Michael Oher discussed his frustrations with 'The Blind Side' while explaining his difficult upbringing prior to filing a legal complaint against the Tuohy family, as popularized in the 2009 film.

Prior to the announcement of a legal petition against the family, Oher appeared on Mississippi Public Broadcasting Monday morning to promote his latest book, 'When Your Back's Against the Wall.'

In the filing, Oher claimed he was duped into appointing Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy as his conservators, allowing them to profit from his name and likeness. However, let's learn about his net worth.

What is Michael Oher's net worth?

Oher's net worth is huge. Oher's net worth is estimated to be $16 million by various public sources.

Meanwhile, the Oscar-winning film based on Oher's life grossed over $300 million. Despite the film's box-office success, Oher wanted to be more satisfied with how he was portrayed on screen.

However, During the 48-minute interview, the former first-round draft pick did not address the issue and only mentioned the famous family briefly, as reported by PFN.

Though, as he has done previously, he has criticized the impact of the film and the preceding 2006 book by Michael Lewis on him.

Oher said, "Through help to this day right here, my circle is getting me back to who I was and still healing prior to when all these stories were created. The personality, just everything you get it taken away from it and things that are out of control. You just continue to fight and eventually get back on course."

Which NFL teams did Michael Oher play for?

Oher, a Super Bowl champion with the Ravens, expressed his admiration for the Tuohys but also discussed an alleged error in 'The Blind Side.'

Oher, a former offensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans, and Carolina Panthers, was selected by the NFL as the No. 23 overall pick in the 2009 draft. He retired from football in 2017 after eight seasons in the league, as reported by DailyMail.

Oher has previously claimed that his football career suffered as a result of the stories about his life. On the radio on Monday, the 37-year-old made a veiled reference to his accomplishments being minimized or all but dismissed. He said, "From that point prior you get everything taken away from you, the hard work. That's what I want to let people know, you can get things done."

Oher talked about the difficulties he faced as a child, long before he met the Tuohys, which caused him to sell newspapers rather than go to school.

He said, "I took it upon myself to get out find jobs, sell newspapers, do any and everything - I had steal from grocery stores, just to put food in the refrigerator when I could. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know if it was the right thing, I just knew it was better than anything else I could be doing."

Oher also talked about how he developed a purpose during those years of character development before the Tuohys hired him. He said, "I want to be able to continue to give back to those - I grew up around so many of those people, who had they been given an opportunity, they would've been just as successful in something else."

Who is Michael Oher's wife?

Oher's wife is American businesswoman Tiffany Roy from the country. She is recognized as the spouse of Michael Oher. Former offensive tackle for American football Michael Oher spent eight seasons in the National Football League.

Oher, a retired professional footballer whose life was the inspiration for the Oscar-nominated movie 'The Blind Side,' and Tiffany Roy exchanged vows at the JW Marriott in Nashville, Tennessee, in November 2022.

What is Michael Oher doing now?

Through his Good Deeds app, he is still helping people meet their daily needs. The app offers necessities like shoes, clothing, school supplies, and more while enabling connections between individuals and communities.

Tags news epnfl