Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Megan Thee Stallion goes metal with Spiritbox remix of Cobra

2023-11-09 18:20
Megan Thee Stallion raps over a heavy guitar riff on her metal remix of 'Cobra'.
Megan Thee Stallion goes metal with Spiritbox remix of Cobra

Megan Thee Stallion has released a metal remix of 'Cobra' featuring Spiritbox.

The 'WAP' hitmaker recruited the Canadian heavy metallers for the heavier version of her latest single.

Bandleader Courtney LaPlante provides backing and also sings in clean vocals: “Leave me alone in the dark/I am shedding my skin/I need to harden my heart/To protect myself but the pain remains within."

'Cobra' was Megan's first self-funded track and the debut song to drop on Megan's own Hot Girl Productions.

The rapper's new song reflects her "courage and self-reliance", much like the snake it shares a title with, after being shot in the foot by fellow rapper Tory Lanez and taking legal action against 1501 Certified Entertainment for allegedly trying to "interfere" with her control over her music and for allegedly trying to keep her locked into a contract.

On Instagram, Megan said: “Cobras exemplify courage and self-reliance.

“They stand tall and fierce in the face of challenges, teaching one to tap into their inner strength and rely on oneself to conquer their threats. Emulating the cobra helps one be more confident in the person they are within."

On 'Cobra', she raps about being "depressed" and hitting "rock bottom".

However, the lyrics also allude to someone regaining their strength and self-worth.

Megan says in the intro to the music video: “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.”

The 28-year-old star released her previous LPs, 2020's 'Good News' and 'Traumazine', on 300 Entertainment and 1501 Certified, but she no longer has a record deal so is putting out her next record independently.

Megan recently teased her next album will mark a new chapter.

She told Billboard: "It’s definitely coming very soon. I’m really excited about this chapter of my life because I feel like I’m finally closing all the old chapters, and now I’m starting with a blank slate. Very fresh, very new. I think Thee Hotties are gonna be so excited. I’m trying different things. I got a lot of things that I produced with Ju and with some new producers."