Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mayim Bialik sheds light on exiting 'Jeopardy!' over Hollywood strikes, teases 'Blossom' reboot launch

2023-10-01 10:50
Mayim Bialik has finally addressed her decision to walk away from 'Jeopardy!' as the WGA strike came to an official end on September 27
Mayim Bialik sheds light on exiting 'Jeopardy!' over Hollywood strikes, teases 'Blossom' reboot launch

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood sighed a breath of relief after the WGA strike was announced to have resolved the negotiations for a fair deal for their writers.

Now, all eyes are on projects that have been greatly affected by the strike which included the game show 'Jeopardy!'.

'Jeopardy!' not only lost its writers while a packed schedule was on the horizon, but they also lost one of their permanent hosts: Mayim Bialik.

The actress had joined the picket line back in May, stepping down from the regular season's hosting duties in the middle.

Bialik has finally addressed her decision to walk away from 'Jeopardy!' as the strike came to an official close on September 27, 2023.

Mayim Bialik on being a union supporter

'The Big Bang Theory' actress sat down with Vanity Fair to discuss her podcast 'Mayim Bialik's Breakdown' where she talks about mental health with her celebrity friends.

During that, she publicly addressed being a union supporter and not returning to her hosting duties.

The interview did not reveal much about Bialik's plans as she continues to support the other strike that is yet to come to a closure: the SAG-AFTRA strike.

"There’s a lot of complexity to this, but my general statement is always that I come from a union family," the 'Blossom' actress said.

Adding, "My grandparents were immigrants who worked in sweatshops, and my parents were public school teachers."

She also went on to add, "While it’s not for me to personally judge anyone else’s decision, for me, I am a union supporter—pretty much all unions and what they fight for."

Bialik was replaced by the other permanent host Ken Jennings to take over her hosting duties for both the regular season and 'Celebrity Jeopardy' which was previously hosted by the actress.

He has faced much backlash for not taking a step back like Bialik did.

"I believe in that system even if it’s not perfect," Bialik told Vanity Fair, "I believe in getting educated about why people strike and what they’re striking for."

It is yet to be announced whether Bialik will be joining 'Jeopardy!' again any time soon but it seems highly unlikely with Jennings running the show solo.

Mayim Bialik to return with classic sitcom 'Blossom'

With the writers back to work, Bialik also confirmed that she will be returning to her iconic sitcom that kicked off her career: 'Blossom'.

"I’m happy to tell you that, yes, it’s true," Bialik said, "All of the cast and the original creator and producers are on board, and we believe a reboot can and should exist once the strike ends."

She also revealed that the return of 'Blossom' would not be in the form of a sitcom like it previously was.

"We want to bring back these interesting, deep characters—a child of divorce, a recovering drug addict, an alcoholic—to see them in a whole new way," she revealed.

It might be so that Bialik has decided to work on other TV and film projects while she is away from 'Jeopardy!' at least for the extent of this season.

Tags news