Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She's been a trooper, doing better each day': Alfonso Ribeiro's wife shares daughter Ava's health update after scooter accident

2023-05-23 02:56
'She had to have surgery the day before [her birthday], she had road rash and it was pretty frightening,' Angela Ribeiro said
'She's been a trooper, doing better each day': Alfonso Ribeiro's wife shares daughter Ava's health update after scooter accident

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Alfonso Ribeiro, the co-host of 'Dancing with the Stars' and his wife, Angela, have both confirmed that their daughter is making progress after a terrifying scooter accident. Ava, their 4-year-old daughter, required emergency surgery after falling off of her sit-down scooter, the day before her birthday.

"She is doing better and better each day. She has certainly been [a] trooper this past week," Angela wrote in an Instagram story by captioning a photo of Ava, showing the bruises to her face and arms after fans enquired about her well-being.

READ MORE

Lindsay Lohan looks gorgeous in behind-the-scenes sneak peek of skincare ad campaign

'I'm the one that got away': Model claims Leonardo DiCaprio hit on her but she 'ghosted' him

'But she's such a trooper'

"She had to have surgery the day before [her birthday], she had road rash and it was pretty frightening," Ribeiro said on Tamron Hall last week as he pointed to an image of Ava at her Tangled-themed birthday party. "But she's such a trooper."

Ribeiro on May 12 wrote, "Not the kind of day you want the day before turning 4. Just want to give a heartfelt thank you to @kareskinmd for the emergency service and procedure to help lessen the likelihood of scaring. So proud of how brave my baby girl was during the surgery."

'I’m so proud of how well she handled everything'

He added in his birthday post, "Happy Birthday to my sweet Ava Sue. As some of you know Ava had a very difficult week. I’m so proud of how well she handled everything. She’s so brave, strong and creative. I love everything about my little girl. On a side note I’m forever grateful to @mrsangelaribeiro1 for being so amazing during this time. Long nights with a little girl in pain and having to apply medication every few hours. My two hero’s."

'They had to scalpel off all the skin'

When the actor appeared on 'Live with Kelly and Mark', he also talked openly about the incident. "On Thursday, unfortunately, my daughter got injured and had to have emergency surgery," Ribeiro told Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos. "So it was a very stressful weekend. She fell and had basically road rash on her face and arm, and so they had to scalpel off all the skin." Ribeiro and Angela have three children together -- daughter Ava Sue and their sons Alfonso "AJ" Lincoln, 9, and Anders Reyn, 8. In addition to his children with Angela, Ribeiro is also a father to Sienna, his 20-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

Tags news