Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dolly Parton announces global cinema listening parties for ROCKSTAR album

2023-10-26 19:20
Dolly Parton is donating money raised from the ticket sales to charity.
Dolly Parton announces global cinema listening parties for ROCKSTAR album

Dolly Parton is giving fans the chance to have the first listen of her new album 'ROCKSTAR' at cinemas worldwide.

The 'ROCKSTAR: The Global First Listen Event will hit theatres on November 15 (with select encores on November 16).

As well as hearing "selections" from the country music legend's star-studded rock album, plus a never-before-seen performance of a holiday song 'Circle Of Love' and a rare performance of '9 to 5'.

There will also be an exclusive interview with the 'Jolene' hitmaker.

Dolly said: “I am excited to know that my fans around the world will be able to come together and be the first to hear a sneak peek of my Rockstar album.

“I am so proud of this music, and I am humbled by all the wonderful artists who joined me. I cannot wait for people to hear it!”

The 77-year-old musician will be donating proceeds from ticket sales to the non-profit children's music charity, Music Will, and their global partner organisations, who advocate for the importance of musical education for youngsters.

Dolly promised to make a rock record after she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

She said in a statement: “I’m so excited to finally present my first Rock and Roll album ‘Rockstar’.

“I am very honoured and privileged to have worked with some of the greatest iconic singers and musicians of all time and to be able to sing all the iconic songs throughout the album was a joy beyond measure.

“I hope everybody enjoys the album as much as I’ve enjoyed putting it together!”

Dolly’s announcement came with the 30-song tracklist, with Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr joining her for a cover of The Beatles' classic ‘Let It Be’.

Brandi Carlile and Pink appear on a rendition of The Rolling Stones’ ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, while Emmylou Harris and Sheryl Crow will be her guests on a song most popularised by Linda Ronstadt, ‘You’re No Good’.

Other collaborators on the album include Judas Priest’s Rob Halford, and Lizzo and her Sasha Flute.

Plus, Stevie Nicks, Chris Stapleton, Simon Le Bon, John Fogerty, Melissa Etheridge, Michael McDonald, Richie Sambora, Ronnie McDowell, the Jordanaires, and Kid Rock.

One contributor, Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington, has since died after recording the final track, ‘Free Bird’.

Nine of the 30 songs on ‘Rockstar’ are originals, and the other 21 are covers of familiar material.

Tickets to 'Dolly Parton ROCKSTAR: The Global First Listen Event' are available beginning today at DollyRockstarEvent.com. The album 'ROCKSTAR' will be available on November 17.