Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Grown up watching him': Patricia Arquette admits to having 'big crush' on 'High Desert' co-star Matt Dillon

2023-05-20 06:25
'When they brought up his name in the casting meeting, we all screamed. It was very exciting', said Patricia Arquette
'Grown up watching him': Patricia Arquette admits to having 'big crush' on 'High Desert' co-star Matt Dillon

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Patricia Arquette is enjoying working in a new comedy series ‘High Desert’ alongside Matt Dillon. The actress while talking about her new show shared that she once had a crush on her co-star as a young adult. “I had grown up watching him and had a big crush on him, like all girls my age. I never thought I’d get a chance to work with him, but I had always wanted to,” Arquette said.

The 55-year-old star added, “It was such a wonderful surprise to finally get that opportunity. When they brought up his name in the casting meeting, we all screamed. It was very exciting.” The show has been created by Nancy Fichman, Katie Ford, and Jennifer Hoppe, and premiered on May 17. The AppleTV+ is a story about Peggy (Arquette), who is struggling with life, her estranged husband Denny (Dillon) is in prison, her mother recently passed away, and on top of it all she’s trying to recover from addiction. “I liked the humor, and also the characters. I knew a lot of addicts growing up. A lot of them passed away from their addiction. They were kind of near and dear in my heart,” said Arquette while talking about her character.

READ MORE

'Severance': 5 things to know about Oscar winner Patricia Arquette

Patricia Arquette says suburban moms want daughters to have 'right to safe abortions' amid ACB Senate hearing

'Their stuff really reminded me of my sister'

“They were deteriorating and crazy-making, and yet they have beautiful parts, too. And in the chaos, it was easy to forget that, at certain points. Peggy is such a wild creature.” The award-winning actress also related ‘Peggy’ with her personal life, “That quality [Peggy has] of picking up broken bird [type of] people and trying to help them with all of their stuff really reminded me of my sister, Alexis,” she said.

'She loves other people'

“Peggy can’t walk by somebody who is having a problem and not help them. That reminded me of Alexis, too. I love that quality of Peggy, that she loves other people.” Further finding the role relatable, Arquette told the New York Post, “My mom had passed away too, so that was definitely a giant loss. And there’s a girlish quality that Bernadette Peters has that my mom had.” “There was definitely a closeness with that [between Peggy’s life and mine], and I was so excited to work with [Peters]. She’s such a legend,” she said. “Everyone just came in and we had fun, every day,” added the two-time Emmy winner.

Tags news epcelebs