Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Fans amused as 'Glee' star Dianna Agron addresses 'wildly untrue' 10-year romance rumor with Taylor Swift

2023-05-09 14:24
Dianna Agron, former 'Glee' star, is addressing her rumored relationship with Taylor Swift
Fans amused as 'Glee' star Dianna Agron addresses 'wildly untrue' 10-year romance rumor with Taylor Swift

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: It was alleged that former 'Glee' star Dianna Agron and Taylor Swift might have had a 'Love Story' more than ten years ago. Around 2012, the 'Midnights' singer and the 'Glee' actress were close friends. Finally, long-running rumors that Dianna Agron, 37, and Taylor Swift, 33, were dating were debunked by Agron.

On Sunday, May 7, the actress was interviewed by Rolling Stone about how her name appeared in the liner notes for Swift's song '22', which led some fans to believe that they were dating at the time. "Me? Oh, if only!" Agron retorted. Agron, who most recently appeared in the films 'Clock' and 'Acidman', also reflected on her stint as Quinn Fabray on the television show 'Glee', reports People.

READ MORE

Taylor Swift’s boyfriends: From Joe Jonas to Matty Healy, pop diva’s many attempts to find love

Taylor Swift 'madly in love' with The 1975's Matty Healy after Joe Alwyn split, fans tell her to 'take a breath'

'I cannot claim that!'

The 'Glee' alum responded to Rolling Stone when asked if she was the real inspiration for Swift's song '22,' saying, "Me? Oh, if only!" Agron also remarked on the reason she was listed in the song's liner notes, saying, "That’s more because of a friendship than being the inspiration for the song. But I would not be the person to ask about that. I cannot claim that!"

Agron admitted that she thought it was amusing but not surprising that people thought she and the 'Anti-Hero' singer were dating. She reacted to the rumors by saying, "That is so interesting. I mean, there have been many stories about my dating life that are so wildly untrue. That's funny."

Ashley Avignone, Claire Kislinger, and Selena Gomez—who at the time comprised her girl squad—were also included in the liner notes for '22.' The mega popstar sings the words, "I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22/Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you," in the song, which made its debut in 2012 as a part of Swift's 'Red' album. Since Agron was referenced in the track's liner notes, as per Page Six, fans have had speculations for years that Swift's song '22' was a tribute to the 'I Am Number Four' actor.

When did the romance rumors arise?

Around 2012, Agron and Swift were close friends. Between 2011 and 2012, they were also frequently seen together, which sparked rumors that the actress served as Swift's inspiration for the popular song. During Shirley MacLaine's 78th birthday celebration in April 2012, the pair dressed up and posted pictures on social media, per People. A few days later, they also threw a huge costume party with a circus theme to honor Agron's birthday, which Swift called "the most magical night."

Swift also mentioned friends Lorde, Sam Smith, Selena Gomez, and Dianna Agron as she accepted the Dick Clark Award for Excellence at the 2014 American Music Awards. Swift and Agron are both ardent supporters of the LGBTQIA+ community, although neither has ever been associated in a queer romance.

Who was Taylor Swift dating between 2011 and 2012?

According to Billboard, the Grammy-winning songstress dated Jake Gyllenhaal (October 2010-January 2011), Eddie Redmayne (October 2011-January 2012), Zac Efron (February 2012-March 2012), and Conor Kennedy (July 2012-October 2012) between 2011 and 2012. Taylor stated during a Ryan Seacrest interview that her song "Begin Again" is about "When you've gotten through a really bad relationship and you finally dust yourself off." Coincidentally, the 22-year-old was madly in love with Conor Kennedy, who was 18 at the time. It appears that he was the inspiration behind her song lyrics, such as "I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did."

'Hope they'll come out soon'

Fans instantly took to social media to address and snark Agron's response over her and Swift's relationship rumors. One such fan wrote, "Hope they'll come out soon," assuming their inclination towards LGBTQIA+ community. A second fan wrote, "It’s insane that y’all don’t see that any response other than an outright denial is confirmation here!!!! she was asked about another rumor elsewhere in the article and literally just said “not true” A third fan quipped, "Gaylors are shaking after this." Someone else chimed in, "I love her non-response and I THANK YOU for not reporting this as some type of ‘scandal’ in 2023." Another social media user snarked and typed, "I love seeing g@ylors cry. It's my daily motivation and inspiration, the only reason I have the will to live. It encourages me to push myself on, and it gives me happiness. I feel happy when I see g@ylors cry. I become overjoyed bcs they are unhappy." One more follower exclaimed, "This question was so ridiculous. even if the answer was yes, did they really think Dianna would be the kind of person to out Taylor without her permission?? as if! Dianna would never do that!"

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.