Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

MrBeast: 2 men trick 8-year-boy into doing fill-a-cart challenge claiming to work for YouTube King, here's what happened next

2023-07-06 13:50
Two men, claiming to be from MrBeast's team, offered to pay for whatever a father-son duo could put in their cart within 30 seconds but then fled
MrBeast: 2 men trick 8-year-boy into doing fill-a-cart challenge claiming to work for YouTube King, here's what happened next

GREENVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA: After an eight-year-old boy named Gabe Lyles was tricked by two individuals posing as MrBeast's employees, MrBeast is now attempting to locate the young fan. Two males approached Gabe and his father over the weekend as they were shopping at a Target in Connecticut.

According to local media site WFSB, they claimed to work with MrBeast, one of the most well-known figures on YouTube and requested the father and son to appear in a video for his channel.

Also Read: Which celebs are on Instagram Threads? A-listers make early entry to Meta's new 'Twitter-killer' app

‘It broke my heart’

TJ Lyles, the boy's father, told WFSB, “They said they wanted to do a fill-a-cart challenge where we would be blindfolded, within 30 seconds whatever we could put within the cart they would pay for.” The two accepted it, believing it to be standard because MrBeast frequently includes challenges in his videos where he gives away free goods.

TJ said that the pranksters informed his child, a huge admirer of MrBeast, that the reason he was picked was due to his hearing loss. This was particularly hurtful, according to TJ, saying he could not let it go at that point since they said they were choosing Gabe because of his special need before betraying the faither-son duo. After blindfolding TJ and Gabe, the men rushed away, at which point the two understood it was all a joke. "It broke my heart because I thought my dreams were coming true," Gabe said.

However, in a heartwarming turn of events, the story reached The Town of Southington Commission for Persons with Disabilities and they decided to give Gabe a $200 gift card the next day, allowing him to go on the shopping spree that the pranksters had promised he would get.

Also Read: Who is Peter Alexander? 'Today' fill-in host steals the show with karaoke performance during pop culture segment

‘Give me his info’

MrBeast is also currently looking for the boy to put things right. The celebrity tweeted, "Give me his info!!" in response to an article about the nasty joke. Several individuals reacted to MrBeast within an hour, referencing the father's Facebook profile, since the father had posted about the incident there.

Also Read: ‘RHOA’ alum Nene Leakes slammed for suggesting return to Bravo show just for fans: ‘Damage is done’

Once MrBeast contacts Gabe and his father, it's unclear what he plans on doing.

More from MEAWW

Internet gushes over Kourtney Kardashian's long hair as she flaunts baby bump: 'This is a new vibe'

Who is Kady Cannon? Kyle Richards and Morgan Wade affair rumors escalate after cryptic note from singer's ex

Tags news