Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Karen of the highest order': RHONY's Erin Lichy slammed as she labels Ubah Hassan 'angry Black woman'

2023-09-25 12:29
'RHONY' stars Erin Lichy and Ubah Hassan were seen engaging in a catfight over a prank gone wrong
'Karen of the highest order': RHONY's Erin Lichy slammed as she labels Ubah Hassan 'angry Black woman'

ANGUILLA, BRITISH OVERSEAS TERRITORIES: It's all fun and games in Episode 11 of 'The Real Housewives of New York City' until someone sobs in an Anguilla hot tub.

However, after the tense incident and all the turmoil, fans have clearly favored Team Ubah Hassan over Team Erin Lichy.

The battle lines for the Great Real Housewives of New York Prank War of 2023 were drawn on the sand in Anguilla.

What was already an emotionally charged trip to the Caribbean has turned into an all-out international battle between Ubah and Erin.

Erin claims she did nothing wrong when she buried Ubah's phone in revenge for Ubah throwing her into the pool the night before.

Ubah, on the other hand, is enraged that her phone was stolen while she was traveling, causing her to spend an hour panickingly searching around their massive villa for it.

Ubah Hassan and Erin Lichy's catfight

If, like many other fans, you picked sides at the conclusion of last week's episode, you may have discovered that Episode 11 made it much more difficult to stick with your choices.

Many people still feel Ubah was justified in being outraged at Erin's "prank."

While some of it may be justified in light of Erin's crass statement that Ubah was "a dumbass," it's not healthy for them, but it's exactly the type of pleasure that fans want from Housewives at their most loathsome.

Erin is in tears as Ubah snatches the sunglasses from her face at the end of the previous episode.

She's clearly both unhappy about her buddy shouting at her and concerned about how far Ubah will carry this. But it's time to wipe those tears away since there's a rum party to attend, and the gang is driving two different buggy vehicles there.

Jenna begs Ubah for Erin's sunglasses as a last-ditch effort to protect Erin's eyes from the sun while driving.

Ubah refuses, stating she'll keep them for 45 minutes because that's how long she spent the night hunting for her phone.

When the gang arrives at Elvis Beach Bar, the only gyration is Erin's tummy performing backflips.

But the group's good mood is dashed when Ubah's iPhone alert goes off, signaling that Erin gets her sunglasses back and the elephant on the beach must be dealt with. "Instead of getting so mad, talk to me like a normal friend," Erin begins.

Ubah responds with a classic, "Don't tell me what to do, I'm not your kid."

Ubah doesn't stop once she starts, conjuring Erin's unrelenting shadiness against Brynn Whitfield, which is merely the beginning of Ubah rousing her followers.

Erin steps back and walks to the other end of the bar with Jenna Lyons, leaving Ubah, Jessel Taank, Sai De Silva, and Brynn Whitfield in limbo and giggling alone.

The girls all head to another pub, while Erin chooses to mourn at home. Erin's absence provides Ubah with another opportunity to turn as many people against her phone-swiping pal as possible.

Ubah then notes that Erin has mistreated Brynn countless times, which prompts Jessel to start stroking her chin and cartoonishly staring up at an imagined thinking bubble for all the times Erin has harmed her.

Erin has spent a few hours alone at home, talking everything over with her father on the phone.

She begins to cry in her confessional and claims that this circumstance recalls her being teased in seventh grade for having a prominent jaw, garnering her the moniker "Long jaw Silver."

But, notwithstanding, Erin is ready to finally have it out with Ubah...until Ubah can't locate her phone again.

Their discussion is postponed until dusk when everyone crowds into the hot tub, which instantly goes from steaming to boiling as soon as the two opposing camps settle in.

"[Jessel] is mad at you; [Brynn] is mad at you, [but] none of them are coming to me, telling me that I said something that made them feel like shit," Ubah says across the water to Erin.

Erin tries to change the subject by alleging that Ubah is cruel to everyone, but Ubah dismisses this deception as yet another of Erin's falsehoods.

Erin becomes panicked and bewildered as Ubah rises up to express the importance of her message. "Enough, what do you want from me?" Erin inquires, again breaking down in tears. "I took your phone as a joke! You’re trying to get everyone against me?"

Erin starts sobbing, and the entire gang comes around her to apologize, telling her that they went too far. This finally lets all the animosity out, which had grown completely out of hand.

Ubah and Erin go for their long-anticipated heart-to-heart, which basically boils down to Ubah asking Erin to own the fact that she speaks as much crap as she stirs, and Erin asking Ubah to lead from a position of friendly trust moving forward. They both expressed their regret.

'RHONY' fans call Erin Lichy 'Karen of the highest order'

On X, fans wrote, "Erin starting this fight by saying don’t say my name and then being on the verge of tears when Ubah comes for her (rightfully so) is the prime of being a Karen."

Another person chimed in, "Erin is a Karen of the highest order so idc how extra Ubah is being with her."

One user noted, "Ubah it’s not landing. Erin is annoying/ a Karen and Ubah is doing the most."

A user said, "Baaaby. I can watch Ubah get Karen— err Erin— together all day. I’m so glad we get more of it tonight."

Another angry fan noted, "What we’re not gonna do is paint ubah as the angry black woman. Erin went off on Ubah first. oh how quickly we forget. She has every right to react the way she wants. it’s not resolved and it’s lingering on her mind."

While another person added, "Erin using words like scared and intimidating for Ubah. It's the ole "angry black woman" narrative."

A furious fan said, "Sai saying 'the angry Black woman mentality does not play into this situation....' Hmm. Check out the @BravoTV headline on their YouTube page showing the Ubah/Erin clip. They were yelling *at each other* yet Ubah is singled out..."

One user sighed, "Okay Sai you are the worst fence straddler. Ubah is right that Erin is trying to paint her as an angry black woman. you keep falling right in line with the white a** Erin and her bulls**t. So you need to go when Erin goes since your head is so far up her a**."

Who is 'RHONY' star Ubah Hassan related to?

Ubah has a particular connection to Chanel Ayan of 'The Real Housewives of Dubai' and the two ladies are apparently cousins, according to Page Six.

How did 'RHONY' star Ubah Hassan make her money?

The Somali native escaped her home country as a kid and moved to Canada, where she was found as a model at the age of 17.

Her career took off once she signed with Click Model Management in New York, and she has since worked for high-end luxury labels.

Who does 'RHONY' star Erin Lichy work for?

After working as a realtor for many years, Erin founded her own restoration and interior design firm, Homegirl, in 2019.

In a February 2023 interview with E!, she said that her company was "born out of necessity."

Bravo airs 'The Real Housewives of New York City' on Sundays at 9 pm ET/PT.

Tags news