Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Brynn Whitfield attempt suicide in the first grade? 'RHONY' star shares her harrowing past

2023-08-15 02:51
Brynn Whitfield also admitted that she barely spent the first six months of her life with her parents
Why did Brynn Whitfield attempt suicide in the first grade? 'RHONY' star shares her harrowing past

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'The Real Housewives of New York City' star Brynn Whitfield's traumatic past was disclosed in court records. The 36-year-old got emotional as she told her fellow housewives about her horrifying childhood at the Friendsgiving dinner thrown by Sai De Silva.

The popular reality television personality expressed sadness in front of the cast during the August 6 episode of 'RHONY' for not having many relatives and close ones. Brynn also admitted that she barely spent the first six months of her life with her parents before being placed for adoption.

Why did Brynn Whitfield try to commit suicide?

“My grandma — my mom’s mom — came in and she adopted us,” said Brynn. “And I was scared I was going to get taken away. I just remember for three years I was scared. I was scared out of my mind. It was f****d up.”

When Sai, 42, asked Brynn when things started to look better, she revealed the time when she tried to end her life. "I was so upset that I actually, like, [as] a first grader, I like drank a bottle of Dimetapp because I wanted to sleep forever," Brynn said.

Jenna Lyons called Brynn Whitfield's admission 'heartbreaking'

“I saw, like, her little girl remembering not being cared for,” said Jenna, 55. “She’s such a beautiful, vivacious, funny, warm, smart girl, and to think of that living in her head just feels awful. It upset me a lot.” Brynn then proceeded to tell the women what she thought to ensure that she didn’t get taken away as a child.

“If I’m cute enough and funny enough and smart enough and clever enough and I don’t complain, then they’ll let me stay where I want to,” she recalled thinking, People Magazine reports.

Erin Dana Lichy called what Brynn Whitfield's childhood 'heart-wrenching'

“She went through a level of trauma that I don’t think anyone in this room can understand,” Erin, 36, said. “So I get why she doesn’t want to talk about it. So, when she does, I feel like we should all rally and be with her.”

Brynn explained that her father had “revoked all of his rights as a father” and played no importance in her life growing up until she heard from him again in high school. “I was a senior in high school and I get a call: my father — who I think I maybe talked to twice in my life — was dying,” she said.

“He was in the ICU, developed cirrhosis of the liver — liver cancer — and we had a lovely relationship. Like I went up every weekend," Brynn added. Sai then asked Brynn if her father apologized for “being absent.”

“He did,” Brynn responded. “And, he said there’s never a day in his life that he doesn’t look in the mirror and look at a monster. You know, and I forgave him because what the f**k do you do? You forgive him.” The celebrity then said that she had negative feelings around Thanksgiving because her father died on November 12.

“You really are pretty spectacular, warm and beautiful,” Jenna said to Brynn. Jessel Taank added, “There are so many people that would let that fail them and you didn’t.”

Brynn Whitfield now chooses to be happy

“I’m so happy because like, I’ve felt so much pain,” Brynn added in a confessional interview. “That's why I’m f*****g happy all the time, because I know both sides. You choose happiness, and it’s so much better to just be happy.” Sai ended Friendsgiving with a toast. “Cheers to built-in family. We love you,” she said to Brynn.