Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Harrison Ford gets teary-eyed while describing Indiana Jones' 40-year journey: 'I wanted it to feel real for the audience'

2023-06-20 18:57
Harrison Ford, who will turn 81 next month, is also set to make his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe next year
Harrison Ford gets teary-eyed while describing Indiana Jones' 40-year journey: 'I wanted it to feel real for the audience'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hollywood legend Harrison Ford, who is known for his prudent approach while giving interviews, became emotional during a BBC Radio 1 conversation on 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny'. The seventh-highest-grossing actor in North America, who turns 81 next month, said this will be the final time people get to see him playing the iconic character that he has sublimely embodied since 1981’s 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

BBC Radio 1’s Ali Plumb asked Ford toward the end of the interview about the character's unfaltering legacy and why the audience loves Indiana Jones and his movies so much even after so many decades.

'This last one concerns age and frailty'

“I think the thing that I most admire about them is the depth and subtlety of the emotion, and the importance of emotion in these films", Harrison said, according to HuffPost. He added, "As this last one concerns age and frailty and changing nature of life, it was especially compelling to me because I am of that age and I wanted it to feel real for the audience. I wanted them to see the complexity of that experience with someone they’ve spent 40 years with."

'We love you so much'

“Can I just say on behalf of all the fans, thank you. It’s been such an adventure,” Plumb replied with a message that is undoubtedly shared by many of Ford's admirers. “We love you so much. I don’t want to make you blush or anything, but you mean the world to us and thank you.”

'It means the world to me'

“And I must say to you thank you sincerely,” Ford, whose movies have earned more than $9.3 billion worldwide, said. “It means the world to me.” “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” is scheduled to be released on June 30.

Harrison Ford set to join Marvel Cinematic Universe

Age seems to be only a number for the American cultural icon as he has been busier than ever lately, with roles on both the big and the small screen. He will be playing Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross in the Marvel Cinematic Universe starting with next year’s 'Captain America: Brave New World'. He’s also starring with Helen Mirren in '1923', the 'Yellowstone' prequel airing on Paramount+, and many expect him to clinch an Emmy nomination for his role on AppleTV’s 'Shrinking'.