Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'My wife wanted to let the world know': Sebastian Maniscalco reveals he has a butt double in 'About My Father'

2023-05-30 05:17
'She’s like, 'Just let everybody know that’s not your a**. Apparently, that guy’s a** doesn’t look my mine,' said Sebastian Maniscalco
'My wife wanted to let the world know': Sebastian Maniscalco reveals he has a butt double in 'About My Father'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sebastian Maniscalco wants to clear one thing with fans, ‘it wasn’t me!’ The ‘About My Father’ star shared in an interview that the audience didn’t see his bare butt in the movie, and it was a body double instead. In the flick, there’s a scene in which his character loses his swim trunks while taking a ride on a hoverboard in the water. "I’m very physical in my comedy and the intention was for me to do that jet-mooning," the comedian-writer revealed during a roundtable conversation with co-stars Robert De Niro, Kim Cattrall, and Leslie Bibb.

The 49-year-old actor said, “I just want to make a statement here. The jet-boot scene — this is coming directly from my wife — she’s like, 'Just let everybody know that’s not your a**. Apparently, that guy’s a** doesn’t look my mine, my wife wanted to let the world know.”

READ MORE

About My Father' trailer: Robert De Niro's hilarious chemistry with Sebastian Maniscalco excites fans

'The Irishman' star Sebastian Maniscalco talks about working with biggies and how Scorsese mistook his wig for hair

'You’re so worried about your a**'

“You know, you’re so worried about your a**, with AI now, they can actually — you should go back, you can actually use your a** with AI," Maniscalco's co-star David Rasche (Succession) jokingly said during the interview, an offer which was turned down by the comedian.

‘About My Father’ is co-written by Maniscalco with screenwriter Austen Earl and is loosely based on his personal experience of meeting his in-law family. "He definitely has the nuance of my father, the attitude of my dad as my father," Maniscalco told People on De Niro's role of his father earlier.

'Not every scene was based on a real-life event'

Maniscalco said, "He definitely embodied the character. He really did a great job. I mean, my father has an accent and he doesn't sound like my dad, but he definitely has the attitude and the relationship, I felt. Even doing the movie, I felt like I was hanging out with a second father figure," he added at the time.

Maniscalco told Entertainment Weekly, “Though not every scene was based on a real-life event, [It was] fun playing around with the script and putting in really true parts." However, he shared that a panic attack on a helicopter scene was a real incident that took place in his life.

Tags news epcelebs