Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Are Alix Earle and Alex Cooper collaborating? Podcaster launches The Unwell Network, here's everything we know

2023-08-09 16:51
The Unwell Network will collaborate closely with a diverse array of content creators, including Alix Earle and Madeline Argy
Are Alix Earle and Alex Cooper collaborating? Podcaster launches The Unwell Network, here's everything we know

FLORIDA, MIAMI: Alex Cooper, the creative force behind the wildly successful podcast phenomenon 'Call Her Daddy', is steadfastly expanding her entrepreneurial endeavors. This time, she is embarking on a new venture with the launch of an innovative talent network. Cooper's brainchild, The Unwell Network, is set to collaborate closely with a diverse array of content creators, with notable personalities like Alix Earle and Madeline Argy being the network's inaugural partners.

Positioned as a fresh offshoot of Trending, a burgeoning media entity targeting the Gen Z demographic, the exciting development further demonstrates Cooper's visionary prowess. Trending was originally co-founded by Cooper alongside her fiance Matt Kaplan, who helms ACE Entertainment, recognized for producing the popular series 'XO Kitty'. The establishment of The Unwell Network marks a new chapter in Cooper's ongoing journey to shape and redefine the digital landscape.

'The world is not ready'

Leading the charge for The Unwell Network's inaugural lineup of talent signings are the prominent creators and influencers Alix Earle and Madeline Argy. These dynamic individuals are set to collaborate hand-in-hand with Cooper and the dedicated Unwell team, with the collective goal of nurturing an array of multiplatform concepts and ventures.

Earle rose to fame through her viral "Get ready with me" beauty and fashion videos. She has over 7.5 million social media followers across platforms, with TikTok drawing 5.6 million and Instagram hosting 2.9 million. Earle's posts go beyond the surface, touching on mental health, her acne journey, and cosmetic surgery. She also emphasizes giving back, spotlighting local acts of kindness.

“I’m so excited to announce the first of many creators in the Unwell Network’s family,” Cooper said. “Alix Earle and Madeline Argy both have a unique presence that captivates an audience, but I love how they approach content in very different ways. Madeline is wildly popular in the UK and is one of the few creators who can keep an audience engaged for hours with her captivating storytelling. Alix took the US by storm with her ‘get ready with me’ videos, college lifestyle, and endearing personality. I feel honored to be at a place in my career where I can pass along knowledge and advice for a new generation of creators to flourish.”

"The world is not ready!!!" exclaimed 22-year-old Earle on Instagram, sharing photos of herself and Cooper raising a toast to their exciting new venture.

'The Unwell Network will be the source everyone can go to'

“We live in a world where we are inundated with content, but The Unwell Network will be the source everyone can go to for unique perspectives exploring what’s top-of-mind today for this generation,” Cooper said in a statement.

The Unwell Network has also unveiled its inaugural executive hire: Moorea Mongelli, formerly the senior director of podcast operations at Studio71. As the President of The Unwell Network, Mongelli's role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities.

She is entrusted with tasks ranging from scouting and cultivating talent to launching, distributing, monetizing, and effectively marketing all podcasts under the network's umbrella. In a statement, Mongelli expressed her enthusiasm, highlighting that Unwell has meticulously curated a lineup of hosts who are poised to revolutionize long-form content.

She further emphasized her team's eagerness to craft content tailored specifically for the Gen Z audience. Mongelli's strategic vision is clear as she gears up to make a substantial impact through calculated marketing, development, and monetization strategies.

Cooper, a powerhouse in her own right, is globally recognized as the most listened female podcaster. This accolade comes hand in hand with her dedicated fanbase - the "Daddy Gang." The podcast 'Call Her Daddy', helmed by Cooper, has played host to an array of notable figures, from entertainment icons like Jane Fonda and Gwyneth Paltrow to music sensations like Post Malone and Zayn. The lineup also features an eclectic mix of personalities spanning from pop stars like Kim Petras and Christina Aguilera to comedians like Chelsea Handler and Adam Devine. This rich assortment of guests attests to the widespread appeal and influence of Cooper's podcast, resonating with listeners across diverse backgrounds and interests.

Cooper and The Unwell Network are also repped by UTA.

Tags news