Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Grimes supporting Lizzo? Internet turns against singer after she lauds rapper's 'exemplary behavior'

2023-08-07 21:51
'Lizzo was kind to me and others for a decade before she was 'cool',' Grimes said
Why is Grimes supporting Lizzo? Internet turns against singer after she lauds rapper's 'exemplary behavior'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Grimes has come forward to defend Lizzo, who is being sued by dancers Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams, and Noelle Rodriguez. The trio has accused the singer of sexual harassment and presiding over a toxic work environment. The 35-year-old musician, whose real name is Claire Elise Boucher, posted a statement on social media on Sunday, August 6, in support of the singer who was named in a civil lawsuit that the dancers filed on Tuesday in Los Angeles.

The legal fight attracted the attention of celebrities, many of whom sided with Lizzo. Actress Jennifer Garner and 'Jersey Shore' star JWoww (Jenni Farley) both liked the singer's Instagram post. Surprisingly, conservative commentator Candace Owens called the lawsuit "frivolous," as per Newsweek. While the bombshell charges against the 'Pink' singer have left fans in disbelief, many are perplexed as to why Grimes defended her.

Why is Grimes supporting Lizzo?

"I love Lizzo. Not saying I don't believe ppl when bad things happen, but I had dancers mistreated on my watch in ways I didn't find out about until way later," stated the Canadian musician, who has two children with Elon Musk, 52. Grimes said that although the circumstances described in the complaint may have been "bad," she believes she knows Lizzo well enough to stand up for her as a kind person in the face of the worrying allegations.

'She was on top of the world'

"Lizzo was kind to me and others for a decade before she was "cool", and she checked in on me when no one cared," the 'Genesis' hitmaker said. "I've only ever seen exemplary behavior from her, especially when everyone was hating on me and she was on top of the world." "There was no reason for her to check in, besides to be a good person. Just my two cents. I recall when she first blew up being so happy because I'd never known such an admirable person to find fame in the music industry," she added.

Grimes claimed that it was difficult for her "to believe she would have so radically changed," and that she is "tired of a culture that seeks to destroy its greatest virtues." However, the singer's claims did not sit well with her followers on social media.

'It’s because you’re rich'

"Grimes it’s because you’re rich and wealthy and have influence, Lizzo is a classist abuser who doesn’t believe people "on her level" deserve respect," one user reacted. "Her being nice to some people doesn’t mean she didn’t abuse her staff," tweeted another. A tweet slamming the singer read, "Because Grimes is such a great judge of character lol." "Who to believe?" remarked another. "Girl hush. Just because someone is “nice” to you doesn’t mean they were nice to others. Stop making this about you and diminishing victims experiences," someone else wrote.

Tags news