Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Carl Anthony Payne II doing now? 'The View' host Sunny Hostin reveals '80s star dumped her for her 'really pretty' friend

2023-11-11 19:25
On 'The View: Behind the Table' podcast, Sunny Hostin revealed her romance with Carl Anthony Payne II
What is Carl Anthony Payne II doing now? 'The View' host Sunny Hostin reveals '80s star dumped her for her 'really pretty' friend

NEW YORK CITY: 'The View' host Sunny Hostin recently spilled the beans on a surprising chapter from her past on the latest episode of 'The View: Behind the Table' podcast.

The 55-year-old TV personality opened up about her brief romance with Carl Anthony Payne II, the 80s sitcom star known for his role as Walter 'Cockroach' Bradley on 'The Cosby Show'. Hostin revealed that Payne dumped her for one of her friends, the 'really pretty' Anna, as per Daily Mail.

Sunny Hostin spills the beans on her '80s romance with Carl Anthony Payne II

During her candid chat with executive producer Brian Teta, Hostin reminisced about her time with Payne.

"He dumped me for someone else! It wasn't nice actually... Oh God, I hope [Carl] doesn't listen to this!" Hostin revealed during the podcast. "I had a friend named Anna, who was really pretty. As you know, I was a dancer, I took classes at ballet, and Anna was also a dancer, and he broke up with me for Anna."

Despite the heartbreak, Hostin expressed no resentment, saying, "I was like, 'wow, this is what people do.'"

Hostin disclosed that, during her romance with Payne, she got the chance to visit the set of 'The Cosby Show', rubbing shoulders with the cast and stars like Chris Rock.

Reflecting on the experience, she added, "It was fascinating to me, and I was just watching my boyfriend in this show! It was pretty amazing, and he's very talented."

When asked if her husband, Emmanuel, knew about this past flame, Hostin chuckled, "Come to think of it, I don't think it's come up! So hopefully he doesn't listen to this either."

Hostin also shared about encounters with Payne in recent years, suggesting he might regret his decision to let her go. "I've run into him since, and he's like 'wow.' I think he thinks he made a mistake, but it's all good."

What is Carl Anthony Payne II doing now?

Since his days on 'The Cosby Show', Carl Anthony Payne II has continued to make waves in the entertainment industry. With recurring roles in TV shows like 'George Lopez', 'The Game', 'For Richer or Poorer', and 'Step Up: High Water', Payne has showcased his versatility.

Currently, he graces the screen on the Nickelodeon series 'Tyler Perry's Young Dylan' as Dylan's uncle.

Beyond acting, Payne has delved into stand-up comedy, touring the country and keeping fans updated on his latest gigs via Instagram. Stepping behind the camera, he directed the 2017 film 'Misguided Behavior' and directed episodes of 'Young Dylan'.

Sunny Hostin recalls craving social experiences in a sheltered upbringing

In a lighthearted segment of the podcast, Teta teased Hostin about her encounters with other notable figures in the past. Hostin reflected on her unconventional path, growing up sheltered but craving social experiences. Despite being in high school at 12 and college at 16, she managed to dive into the dating scene.

"I was thirsting to go out and go to parties!" Hostin explained. Recalling her experiences, she added, "It was really weird, I would get into clubs, and I was the one that the bouncer would pick, maybe because of the way I looked... they would pick me, and then I would always get into the VIP section, and the guys would come up to me!"

Tags news