Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Fournier teases rematch after KSI 'knockout' victory gets overturned: 'We’re back baby'

2023-05-26 18:54
KSI made an illegal attempt on Joe Fournier by delivering a powerful overhand right in the second round
Joe Fournier teases rematch after KSI 'knockout' victory gets overturned: 'We’re back baby'

Professional kickboxer Joe Fournier reacted to KSI when the latter called for a rematch after his “accidental elbow” knockout. Fournier and KSI clashed this month in front of a sold-out crowd at the OVO Arena in Wembley, London.

According to the viewers, Fournier was expected to be KSI’s toughest opponent. In the second round, KSI unleashed a devastating overhand right that left Fournier momentarily staggered. As it was an illegal attempt, it led to the fight being stopped soon after. Upon closer examination, it was discovered that the stoppage resulted from an elbow strike.

READ MORE

Will KSI fight Jake Paul too? YouTube star wants to fight Tommy Fury next

KSI takes a jibe at Andrew Tate for calling his content 'cringe bullsh*t': 'D**k eating is crazy'

‘We are back baby’

Following the fight on May 19, the Professional Boxing Association (PBA) issued a statement overturning KSI's knockout victory against Fournier, ruling it a “No Decision.” Reacting to the news, Fournier posted a video on his Instagram account. “Well, we have some news, I’m still undefeated, still no one can knock me out, and we’re back baby,” he said in the video. “The PBA has ruled it is officially a no contest — it was an illegal elbow and I’m still undefeated, and still look brand-new.”

Fournier continued, thanking “big name” celebrities, athletes, and fans who’ve reached out in masses to support the self-proclaimed "boxing billionaire." He added, “But, the PBA did make up for it, so did DAZN, Misfits and Wasserman to make sure there was a fair shout to the athletes that sacrificed a lot to be on these cards. [...] Now you know if there’s anything dodgy they rectify it, so respect to that and you know where it’s at now baby, the rematch.”

'No one wanna see that rematch'

The prospect of a rematch hasn't been met positively on the Internet. An Instagram user said, ""Still no-one could knock me out” - what about the fight 6 days ago when you didn’t even know where you were, on the floor. Regardless if it was an elbow or not?" Another wrote, "Bro lets be honest here you will lost anyway all respect bro hope you a good recovery."

"Bro was still gonna lose," a comment read. Another wrote, "The rematch should not happen, he smoked you! Be happy with the «NC» But we all know that KSI sleeps you again." Someone else said, "Nahh I say no to a rematch Ksi’s punch was illegal but you clearly lost tho." Meanwhile, another wrote, "Nah stay at that hotel room no one wanna see that rematch."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.