Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'He needs to branch out': 'American Idol' viewers 'bored' on not seeing Iam Tongi take risk unlike others

2023-05-15 12:15
American idol' fans bored with Iam signing same kind of songs every week , says would love to see him take risk
'He needs to branch out': 'American Idol' viewers 'bored' on not seeing Iam Tongi take risk unlike others

ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA: After making it to the Top 3 on Sunday, Kahuku kid Iam Tongi is one step closer to being the next 'American Idol'. The final results were announced after Iam performed his rendition of the song 'Father and Son'.

'American Idol' honored the magic of Disney on May 14 with the Top 5 performing Disney classics LIVE and America voting for the Top 3. At the Disneyland Resort, Sofia Carson guided the participants and Halle Bailey performed. From coast to coast, Americans voted for the Top 5 LIVE. Even though Iam made it to the Top 3, it appears that people are still debating his place in the finals.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Knows how to play': 'American Idol' fans slam Zachariah Smith for using sob story to gain sympathy votes

'Need to get a better & mature judge': Katy Perry's Disney Night antics on 'American Idol' backfire as judge shoves butt in Luke Bryan’s face

'Master storyteller'

Iam met with Sofia before the performance to receive some advice from the pro. A throng gathered while he sang, and he decided to sing for them. He told Sofia that he was singing 'Lava' from the short Disney film on the Sunday episode to honor his native state of Hawaii.

Iam hit the stage with his trusty ukulele to perform a song for his native state of Hawaii Since his heartbreaking audition, which he devoted to his recently deceased father, he has been a fan favorite this season. Iam usually gives a sensitive performance and has had the judges weep on several occasions.

Katy Perry thanked Iam for knowing his identity and referenced Mrs Incredible. Luke Bryan concurred and commended Iam for his genuineness, which draws people to him. Lionel Richie described himself as a "master storyteller" and persuaded Iam that his aspirations will come true.

Iam later returned to the stage to perform for his recently deceased father. Lionel described the performance as "magical." Katy explained that his name meant "I Am (the next American Idol)."

'Other singers are so much more.. versatile and interactive'

Comparing Iam's performance to others, a viewer tweeted, "We all know Iam is a good singer but If Iam wins, the show is staged. The other singers are so much more.. versatile and interactive." Asking for versatility in his performance, a fan wrote, "I like Iam, but he does the same stuff over and over and that’s fine, but I would love to see more versatility from him with a voice like that. He’s good and I wish him well." Reacting to his Sunday's performance, a fan wrote, "iam tongi is an incredible singer but tonight weren’t his most engaging emotional performances." A fourth fan tweeted, "Iam, he’s good but he needs to branch out."

On Reddittoo, fans shared similar emotion. One user wrote, "I would love to see Iam take a risk tho." Another user added, "I feel the other contestants show more growth and effort week after week than iam." One viewer adviced, "Love Iam, but he needs to step up his game. People will become bored if he doesn't." One user noted, "Another boring performance from Iam. If they didn't publicize his sob story so much in the earlier episode he wouldn't still be there."

'American Idol' Season 21 airs every Sunday and Monday at 8 pm ET on ABC.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.