Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Meryl Streep goes full Jada Pinkett Smith, claims she and husband of 45 years have been separated for six years

2023-10-21 19:49
Meryl Streep appeared to be wearing her wedding band amid the announcement of her separation from her husband Don Gummer
Meryl Streep goes full Jada Pinkett Smith, claims she and husband of 45 years have been separated for six years

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sources have revealed that Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep and her celebrated sculptor husband Don Gummer are living separate lives for six years - a development that made netizens compare the legendary actress’s marital situation with that of Jada Pinkett Smith.

During the promotion of her memoir ‘Worthy’, Pinkett-Smith revealed to Hoda Kotb in a 'Today' interview that she and her Oscar-winning husband Will Smith had been living separate lives for almost seven years.

A spokesperson of ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ actress told Page Six on Friday, October 20, that Streep and Gummer - who have been married for 45 years - are living separately for more than six years.

Streep’s spokesperson said in the statement to the news outlet, “Don Gummer and Meryl Streep have been separated for more than 6 years, and while they will always care for each other, they have chosen lives apart.”

The news outlet also revealed that the actress was seen on the same day at the Princesa de Asturias Awards 2023 wearing her wedding band.

They also mentioned that the couple were last seen together at the 2018 Oscars.

Meryl Streep and Don Gummer’s marriage timeline

The couple tied the knot in 1978 after getting introduced by Streep's brother just six months prior. Streep was mourning her late boyfriend and ‘Deer Hunter’ co-star John Cazale when the ‘Mamma Mia!’ actress was introduced to Gummer.

The couple share four children together - son Henry Wolfe, 43, who is a singer-songwriter, and daughters Mamie Gummer, 40, Grace Gummer, 37, and Louisa Jacobson, 30, who also pursued a career in acting like their mother.

Streep has remained private about her husband during most of her career. She however thanked her husband in a dramatic speech during the 2012 Academy Award.

After winning the coveted award, Streep said, "First, I'm going to thank Don because when you thank your husband at the end of the speech, they play him out with the music. And I want him to know that everything I value most in our lives, you've given me," per Daily Mail.

She has also mentioned the importance of a “great husband” in order to pursue a successful acting career in Hollywood.

During an interview with ‘The Talks’, she gushed about the requirement of a good husband for a work-life balance, as she quipped, “Well, the first thing is a great husband. That I found many years ago and I am lucky in that way.”

'They pulled a Will and Jada'

As Meryl Streep revealed her equation with her husband, netizens immediately drew parallels between their relationship and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's.

One of the fans said, "They pulled a Will and Jada."

"Jada Pinkett right now," said someone else.

Another social media user said, "Are yall gone treat her like yall did Tia Mowry? Or Jada?"

"It’s on the rise…," joked someone else.

Another fan chimed in, "She can’t wear a Jada wig and then be Jada."

Tags news