Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Gabrielle Union talks about getting bodyshamed for wearing swimsuit: 'I might just wear a bikini in the casket'

2023-07-11 01:51
'Sometimes, the more that you validate your damn self, the more people are like, ‘Yeah, mhmm. Yep!’ said Gabrielle Union on self image
Gabrielle Union talks about getting bodyshamed for wearing swimsuit: 'I might just wear a bikini in the casket'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Gabrielle Union has some bad news for her critics who think she’s ‘too old’ for putting on swimsuit posts! ‘The Perfect Find’ star, in her recent interview, shared that such comments don’t bother her at all. “Somebody said, ‘You’re old enough to be somebody’s grandma, why are you still in — like wearing swimsuits?’” Union remembered. Before giving a ‘fitting’ reply, “I’m like, ‘First of all, they’re not just swimsuits. They are thongs. And you’re gonna see these cheeks until my a** literally falls off, and I might just wear a bikini in the casket.”

The 50-year-old said on ‘Who What Wear with Hilary Kerr’ podcast “I don’t know. That just might be for you, for that one commenter… This is for you bitch… It’s just gonna be like, me in a thong, like, a**-up in the casket.” The mother-of-four, (including three from Dwyane Wade’s previous relationships) is comfortable in her own skin, and she has a positive outlook when it comes to aging. It was her post in August 2022, where she shared a slow-motion video of her in a string bikini while under an outdoor shower on a boat, “That girl…. Is 49,” she captioned then.

'Honestly I didn’t take him seriously for a very long time'

The ‘Bad Boys II’ actress talked about her partner with Kerr, “Personally, my husband is nine years younger than me and honestly I didn’t take him seriously for a very long time. I was like, he is very sweet and he’s fun but — and then it just kind of kept going and the more I got to know him and understand his childhood and what he survived and that he’s been on his own since he was 15.”

The star added, “He had to become an adult way sooner than I did. In many ways, I am still quite naive and green and in many ways, he’s father time. He’s been a parent for over half his life and started as a teenager. I became a parent at 46, and I’m asking him questions,” reports New York Post.

'Only people that we need to validate us is us'

Wade and Union married in 2014, and welcomed a baby girl Kaavia James Wade, via surrogate, on November 7, 2018.

Union further elaborated on the aging in Hollywood, and society in general, “[At] 35, they [Hollywood] start treating you like you’ve got osteoporosis,” Union said. “You start becoming invisible and it’s a weird, empty feeling to feel like you’re disappearing in front of your own eyes. You start taking on the same attitude as [a] society that believes that you lack value.”

She continued, “I don’t want anyone else to feel that invisibility and that sense of worthlessness, because the only people that we need to validate us is us. And sometimes, the more that you validate your damn self, the more people are like, ‘Yeah, mhmm. Yep!’

Tags news epcelebs