Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I can't believe my life': Mom Kelly Inglis Kelly who was harassed by security at Taylor Swift's Philadelphia concert gets free tickets

2023-05-15 16:25
Kelly Inglis Kelly, who was enjoying her time at the concert, had a memorable moment when Taylor Swift herself intervened to free her from a guard's watchful eye
'I can't believe my life': Mom Kelly Inglis Kelly who was harassed by security at Taylor Swift's Philadelphia concert gets free tickets

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA: Kelly Inglis Kelly, a Swiftie who was yelled at and harassed by a security officer during Taylor Swift's Eras Tour concert in Philadelphia, has stated she has been offered free tickets to the singer's concert. Kelly, who was enjoying her time at the concert, had a memorable moment when Swift herself intervened to free her from a security guard's watchful eye.

Swift, 33, was frequently turning away from the lyrics to shout, "Hey, stop!" from the edge of the stage while adding, "She wasn't doing anything." The 'Shake it Off' singer was anxiously trying to assist Kelly throughout the performance because a guard kept trying to stop her from dancing, according to DailyMail. Kelly, who was having a great time at the event and dancing around at the Lincoln Financial Field stadium in Philadelphia, was taken aback after finding out that Swift was assisting her in getting away from the harsh behavior of the security guard.

RELATED ARTICLES

Taylor Swift fans are not happy! Call Matty Healy a 'racist rat' after couple spotted kissing

Ryan Reynolds teases Taylor Swift's relationship with Matty Healy in playful post

Who is Kelly Inglis Kelly?

Michael Inglis Kelly, a mother of one and a teacher from Baltimore, Maryland, is a devoted Swiftie. The performance where she was handled harshly by security was also her 13th time seeing Taylor Swift perform live. It also happened to be the thirteenth day of May, and because the 'Lucky One' singer has previously said that the number thirteen is lucky for her, she thinks that it was a good omen.

Kelly and her sister Kirstin Birmingham claimed to have been Swift fans from the release of her debut album, and the two reminisced how they used to sing along to her songs every day on the way to high school when they were younger.

What did Kelly Inglis Kelly had to say about the incident?

Kelly spoke about what transpired that night with DailyMail and said, "I was just dancing, and this security guard was just crazy, yelling at us. He didn't want us to take photos in front of the stage. He was being very strict. Every time he passed us we had to stand back because we were worried he would kick us out."

Kelly was originally scheduled to attend the show in obstructed view seats, but at the last minute, her sister Birmingham was able to obtain floor seats. The sisters, along with their friends Jenn and Hannah, showed up at the Philadelphia performance prepared to dance the night away to their beloved artist.

Kelly added, "He had been like that all night, he was really annoyed. I know Taylor Swift - she wants people to come to her shows and have fun. I wasn't doing anything outrageous, I wasn't trying to get to the other side of the barrier. Every time we would dance he would say 'you need to back up.'"

Kelly claimed that even when Swift intervened on her behalf and spoke into the microphone in front of tens of thousands of spectators, the security man continued to yell at her. Her sister Kirstin then told the guard to turn around and pay attention to what was going on on stage and Taylor yelled at him.

Kelly said, "I don't think I even put it together at first, the crazy part is that he kept yelling at me. My sister then was shouting 'turn around, Taylor is yelling at you.' He didn't know what was going on." She confirmed that they were not physically touched by the guard during the incident.

'I can't believe my life, what is happening'

Kelly said that after the incident, the guard involved was personally taken from the venue before other stadium staff members contacted them to give them complimentary tickets to Sunday's (May 14) show. The complimentary tickets were given to the sisters and their friends and Kelly said it was a wonderful way to spend her Mother's Day. "I can't believe my life, what is happening. It was my 13th time seeing Taylor live, on the 13th May, it was like the Taylor Swift gods were listening. It was so crazy," she said.

'Like mother is mothering'

On Twitter, several people have expressed their opinions over the incident. One person wrote, "Taylor swift goes feral when someone messes up with her fans. Like mother is mothering." Another person tweeted, "He's miserable af thanks taylor for defending ur fans like a queen."

A third fan wrote, "For people who are commenting that he was doing 'his job' he didn’t say anything to them, he started pushing them and they were barely touching the barrier (it happens when you are in the first row i mean) AND he pushed even a 13yo that wasn’t doing anything."

One person wrote, "She looked at the sercuity guard and said: Now we have bad blood. Hey!" Another person wrote, "Oh wow! as someone who doesn't know much about taylor swift this makes me want to stream her songs!"

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news