Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Sophia Loren OK? Actress rushed to hospital with multiple fractures after dangerous fall

2023-09-25 19:29
Sophia Loren underwent surgery following a dangerous fall in her bathroom in Switzerland
Is Sophia Loren OK? Actress rushed to hospital with multiple fractures after dangerous fall

GENEVA, SWITZERLAND: The Italian actress and Hollywood legend Sophia Loren underwent surgery after falling down in her Swiss home and breaking a number of bones on Sunday, September 24.

Per a source close to the Oscar-winning actress who told The Hollywood Reporter, the ‘Two Women’ star fell in her bathroom. The 89-year-old Loren, who celebrated her birthday on September 20, received several fractures to her hip.

What happened to Sophia Loren?

Loren also sustained a serious fracture to her femur and underwent surgery on Sunday night, per her agent Andrea Giusti who told the PA news agency, reports Evening Standard.

However, the source added there is a “cautious optimism” about her health. Following the surgery, she will have to go through a short convalescence and a prolonged rehabilitation.

Giusti further said that both of Loren’s sons Carlo and Edoardo Ponti are by her side in the hospital.

Inauguration of Sophia Loren's restaurant postponed

Loren was scheduled to inaugurate her eponymous restaurant in the Italian city of Bari on Tuesday, September 26. She was also going to receive an honorary citizenship from the city at the same time.

Because of the unfortunate incident, the inauguration of the restaurant has been postponed.

The organization took to their Instagram handle to write, “A fall at her home in Geneva today caused Ms Loren hip fractures,” per Evening Standard.

The post continued, “Operated with a positive outcome, she will now have to observe a short period of recovery and follow a road to rehabilitation.”

“Thankfully everything worked out for the best and the Lady will be back with us very soon,” the organization concluded.

Loren’s last public appearance before the fall was at the Armani fashion show in Venice on September 2.

Sophia Loren once said ‘I feel 20’

The only loving actress of the American Film Institute’s 50 greatest movie stars, did not ever shy away from her age.

In her interview as AARP’s cover girl for the December 2020-2021 issue, she said in 2020, “Sometimes when I say I’m 86, I don’t believe it. I feel 20.”

She further said, "Why change your body and be somebody else if you are happy inside? I never thought of that — never. I like what I have. I like me!"

Loren added, "When I look in the mirror, I cheer for myself. I don't ask, ‘Are you great?’ or ‘Are you beautiful?’ No! It's how I feel inside, how secure I am, how happy I am. That's what matters."

She has more often than not attributed her Mediterranean diet to be the storehouse of her eternal youth.

Per Elle Australia, Loren is a big fan of the classic Mediterranean diet consisting of fresh vegetables, pasta, and red wine.

She once said, "Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti."

Talking about her dislike for being a size zero, she said, "I'd rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size zero."

However, she allows herself the indulgence of chocolates as well.

In the same AARP interview, she said, "When I come to the living room, I look down at the table and see chocolates, and two or three of them disappear every day. This I should stop, but I do it anyway."

Sophia Loren prefers to walk to stay fit

Sophia Loren has often attributed her Mediterranean diet and exercise to her everlasting beauty and grace.

The octogenarian going to be a nonagenarian in a year’s time, told Elysian that her key to fitness is walking.

While she usually stretches in the morning after a night’s sleep, she prefers walking. The ‘Nine’ star said, “A little exercise is good. But I walk, walk, walk, walk! I walk an hour every day. That’s very good for your heart.”

However, she exercises in the mornings when she doesn’t feel like going out. She said, “Physical exercise makes you more graceful. Walk as if the whole street is yours.”

Tags news