Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Noah Cyrus claims internet trolls made her want to kill herself at age 11 after she was shamed for her engagement to Pinkus

2023-06-30 14:55
Noah Cyrus shares how appearance criticism post-engagement reminded her of past struggles and feeling life 'wasn't worth living'
Noah Cyrus claims internet trolls made her want to kill herself at age 11 after she was shamed for her engagement to Pinkus

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Noah Cyrus has opened up about the hateful remarks she received regarding her recent engagement to her boyfriend, Pinkus, and her physical appearance. The 23-year-old singer offered insight into her past mental health struggles while sharing some dark thoughts on her Instagram stories on June 29, just three days after announcing her engagement.

"Since I've announced something so pure and happy for me and my life, the internet and commenters have been working so hard to take the joy, love, and happiness from me," Noah, the younger sister of Miley Cyrus wrote. "Today being surrounded of comments calling me ugly, and commenting on my face and body—as you all did when I was just 11-12 years old."

'Lead myself to believe I should kill myself'

The 'Make Me' singer revealed that she faced criticism during a crucial period of personal development, stating, "I was still forming my brain" and that it had a detrimental impact on her mental health. She expressed how the same people on the internet led her to believe that her younger self didn't deserve to live because she didn't meet their beauty standards. Noah Cyrus added, "I've been reminded again today how deeply f--ked the internet is and how it turned me against myself and lead myself to believe I should kill myself, wasn't worth living, ending up suicidal and dependent on drugs."

The singer also expressed concern about the severe impact of negativity on younger generations, including her own future family. Cyrus continued, "I worry so deeply for the children growing up on the internet and for my own children. No one deserves the words I've read today, and I'm lucky I'm in a place that these words don't trigger me into hurting myself once again. The internet is hell on earth, and we're all here together."

Cyrus explained that she brought up the issue to raise awareness

Cyrus explained that she raised the issue to bring awareness to those "being affected by these same words being told to them and far worse." "We live in 2023, we have GOT to stop judging people for who they love, what they look like, where they come from, and how THEY live THEIR lives," the artist wrote. "I'm so sick of it. People are losing their lives to these type of words. Murderous words that you people drop at the press of a button, and there is never any accountability held. I'm so tired of seeing it on the daily. It really makes me sick."

Noah concluded her message to fans with an uplifting note along with a crucial reminder. "You're all so beautiful, and I love you," Cyrus added. "I hope you feel my love from afar today, where you may be."