Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Cillian Murphy prepare for 'Oppenheimer'? 'Peaky Blinders' actor reveals 'gruelling' measures he took for the movie

2023-07-20 01:49
Cillian Murphy said he worked with professionals to nail 'Oppenheimer's 'silhouette and expressions' before filming
How did Cillian Murphy prepare for 'Oppenheimer'? 'Peaky Blinders' actor reveals 'gruelling' measures he took for the movie

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated upcoming movie 'Oppenheimer' is prognosticated to make its presence known at the box office despite the fierce competition that it is going to face from Greta Gerwig's 'Barbie' and Tom Cruise's 'Mission Impossible 7'. The film centers around the famous American theoretical physicist, Julius Robert Oppenheimer, who developed the first atomic bomb as part of the secret Manhattan project.

Cillian Murphy, who played the real role in the movie has already garnered applauds and was lauded by the critics for his sublime performance in the historical film and rightfully so. According to a Page Six report, the 'Peaky Blinders' actor had gone through "gruelling" measures to prepare for the upcoming blockbuster movie which is due for release on Friday, July 21.

How did Cillian Murphy prepare for Oppenheimer?

"I love acting with my body and 'Oppenheimer' had a very distinct physicality and silhouette which I wanted to get right," he said in a new interview, New York Times reports. "I had to lose quite a bit of weight, and we worked with the costume and tailoring; he was very slim, almost emaciated, existed on martinis and cigarettes." Cillian said he worked with professionals to nail Oppenheimer's "silhouette and expressions" before filming.

Speaking to the outlet, the 47-year-old Irish actor said he tested himself on how he could starve himself by almost eating nothing before advising against the extreme diet. Although Murphy did not disclose how much weight he lost for the film, he did say that the hectic schedule made him stop worrying about eating. “I don’t want it [the headlines] to be, ‘Cillian lost X weight for the part’,” he admitted.

Emily Blunt backed Murphy's shocking admission

Cillian Murphy's co-star Emily Blunt who played the role of his wife in 'Oppenheimer' also spoke about Cillian's dramatic transformation in a new interview with Extra. “He had such a monumental undertaking,” she told the outlet. “And he could only eat, like, an almond every day. He was so emaciated,” she said.

'I'm sure that made the movie better'

Twitter users reacted to Murphy's insane revelation about his role in the movie. One user tweeted, "Wow, Hollywood actor finds out what fasting is. People have been doing it since forever ago. Will admit, in today’s world fasting takes a lot of willpower." Another concerned fan wrote, "CGI can make him look thinner. No need to go thru this." One tweeted, "He got paid $5M-$10M to lose weight. The horror!" while another acknowledged, "Wow. What a hero." "I'm sure that made the movie better", tweeted one user.

Tags news