Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Anthony Anderson and his ex-wife Alvina officially divorced nearly 19 months after their second split

2023-09-16 06:20
Alvina Anderson had earlier filed for divorce in 2015 where she mentioned irreconcilable differences
Anthony Anderson and his ex-wife Alvina officially divorced nearly 19 months after their second split

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Anthony Anderson is officially divorced now! The actor-comedian split from his ex-wife Alvina Anderson after filing for separation in March 2022.

As per court documents, the estranged couple filed a declaration of uncontested default on September 14 and have entered into a written agreement detailing the specifics of their split.

The ‘Barbershop’ star has agreed to pay his ex-wife spousal support and cover her attorney fees, reports People.

Alvina filed for divorce back in 2015 before withdrawing it

Alvina had earlier filed for divorce in 2015 where she mentioned irreconcilable differences as the reason for their split.

In the court documents, she requested spousal support and listed their date of separation as April 1, 2014. However, later she filed to dismiss the divorce petition in January 2017.

Anthony and Alvina tied the knot in September 1999

"My sophomore year, her freshman year, I knew a girl who lived in the apartment, so I went to knock on the door to invite her to this party that me and my buddies were having. My wife answered the door. I was like, 'I was coming to invite Stacey to this party we're having.' Stacey didn't show up, but my wife did – and we have been together ever since that night." Anthony told about how he met his ex.

"We got married on our 10th anniversary. She's quiet, I'm loud. Opposites attract," he continued.

"And I was just me: I got there early, she didn't see nobody else, she was, 'All right, I'm gonna rock out with this dude!'" Anthony said.

He also gained popularity with his character Detective Kevin Bernand in ‘Law & Order’ series. But, the 53-year-old left the show ahead of season 22.

"That's what made our show appealing," he said on the show’s strong depiction. "And with the worldwide audience, wanting to better ourselves and live the American dream and have the best for all of our family, that's what it was all about," he continued.

He further praised the platforms such as social media for the show's success. "Co-stars, the team at ABC, staff & crew, and all of the guest stars that we have had on this show as well!" he added.

"What this show has done and shown for the culture and African American families… really all American families overall, will never be forgotten," he said.

Anthony and Alvina share two children - daughter Kyra, 26, and son Nathan, 22.

Tags news