Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Ryan Seacrest quit 'Live' for 'Wheel of Fortune'? Fans speculate he left big project to replace Pat Sajak as 'he didn't want an insane commute'

2023-07-03 12:58
Rumors circulate Ryan Seacrest to host 'Wheel of Fortune' in 2024 replacing Pat Sajak, with Vanna White remaining co-host
Did Ryan Seacrest quit 'Live' for 'Wheel of Fortune'? Fans speculate he left big project to replace Pat Sajak as 'he didn't want an insane commute'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The popular game show ‘Wheel of Fortune’ has been under a lot of speculation after longtime host Pat Sajak announced his retirement. Many fans speculated about his replacement, guessing that it would be his daughter, Maggie Sajak, who is also a social media correspondent for 'Wheel of Fortune,' or co-host Vanna White. Recently, the game show producers announced Ryan Seacrest, former host of ‘American Idol’ and 'Live,' as the replacement for Pat Sajak.

Later in June, 'Wheel of Fortune' announced Ryan Seacrest as the new host of the game show, who will take over Pat Sajak's duties starting in June 2024. The TV personality had served as the executive producer and co-host of 'Live with Kelly and Ryan' for six years but announced his departure from the talk show in April 2023 due to travel issues. His primary residence is in Los Angeles, while the show tapes in New York City. He was replaced on the 'Live' show by Kelly Ripa's husband, Mark Consuelos. However, despite the official announcement, some of his fans didn't wait to clap back and claimed that his departure from 'Live' was to become the new host of 'Wheel of Fortune.'

'I don't think there's ever been a more qualified gameshow host'

Following Ryan Seacrest's big announcement, fans began to speculate that his departure from 'Live' was due to his extensive travel schedule. Seacrest had to travel back and forth between Los Angeles and New York City since 'Live' was filmed in New York City. In contrast, 'American Idol' was filmed at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, as reported by Looper. During Season 21, he traveled to Nevada, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Hawaii, which left him exhausted from all the traveling. However, 'Wheel of Fortune' is taped in Culver City, California, which would make it easier for Seacrest to manage his hosting duties without the need for extensive travel.

Many fans shared their opinions online in a Reddit Forum. One fan wrote, “This explains Ryan leaving Kelly & Ryan recently, if this has been in the works for months (which it likely has)." Another fan added, “I'm pretty sure it was just Ryan wanting to reduce his travel is why he left Live since just about everything else he does is based in Los Angeles”. One more user agreed with other fans, commenting, “I totally buy the 'I'm tired of living on one coast and working on the other' excuse, especially since Live is free and easy with guest hosts. He could have done a limited taping schedule of Wheel, but I think he just didn't want the insane commute.” Another user said, “Easy, but still time-consuming and could have conflicted too much with Live! Taping." A fan had entirely different theory and denied of the speculations arguing, “I don't think there's ever been a more qualified gameshow host. Seems like the easiest decision ever if I was a producer and that was an option”. A fan had an entirely different theory and denied the speculations, arguing, “When he left, he was just starting up American Idol again, which tapes in L.A. I am guessing he was just tired of the commute."

Ryan Seacrest: The new ‘Wheel of Fortune’ host

Towards the end of June, ‘Wheel of Fortune’ made an official announcement on Instagram that Ryan Seacrest will be assuming the role of host from Pat Sajak in 2024. Accompanied by a glamorous photo of Ryan, the caption expressed enthusiasm for his upcoming position, “It's official! Starting in 2024, Ryan Seacrest will take the stage as the new host of Wheel of Fortune. We're so excited - Welcome Ryan!" Ryan himself shared a heartfelt statement on social media, confirming that Vanna White will continue as co-host. He expressed his humility and joy at following in the legendary footsteps of Pat Sajak and conveyed his eagerness to carry on the tradition of spinning the wheel alongside the esteemed Vanna White.