Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ginger Zee's closet secrets revealed! GMA host unveils her show wardrobe that is mostly rented, drops names of fave stores

2023-06-07 16:17
GMA meteorologist Ginger Zee reveals the secret behind her vibrant and ever-changing wardrobe on-camera
Ginger Zee's closet secrets revealed! GMA host unveils her show wardrobe that is mostly rented, drops names of fave stores

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The GMA meteorologist Ginger Zee has finally given in to the wishes of her viewers and revealed her wardrobe for the show. Zee shows up in a new style every morning with her interesting color palette and a diverse variety of styles. The 42-year-old host has garnered a following of more than a million users on Instagram, most of whom are big fans of her styling and are always curious about the sources for her striking outfits.

Zee has recently been quite vocal about clothing, not just in terms of style but concern for climate change as well. The host took part in the 'No New Clothes' challenge to contribute towards and promote awareness for sustainable fashion.

Ginger Zee walks us through her GMA closet

Zee revealed her closet through a video she posted on her social media accounts. She acknowledged how everyone has been curious about the styling process and the behind-the-scenes POV of how she picks out outfits, saying, “Everybody does wonder if this is like provided clothing. It is not. We are responsible for buying. I rent almost everything.”

As an advocate for sustainable fashion, she emphasizes the fact that she has owned several pieces of clothing for over 12-15 years. She captioned her Instagram post with a shoutout to her stylist Johnetta who helps maintain her clothes and remove any signs of deodorant! The caption said, “Big thanks to @johnettatao for always making my repeats, secondhand purchases and rentals come to life.”

Battling Internet trolls with style

With all the love and support Zee receives from viewers all over the country, there are inevitably many trolls and bullies who have commented on her appearance. Regardless, Zee deals with her naysayers with just as much confidence as she does while styling herself.

The trolls are often men behind the screen making rude comments like this one: "@Ginger_Zee ginger, I watch good morning America in part for the weather, not for your latest fashion and not for you showing your thighs through slits in your dresses. Is there any reason why you don’t stick to the weather?"

Zee’s response to this was: “Oh Rick — my dress is professional and appropriate and no matter what I wear I always stick to the weather… and then I talk fashion… and sustainability… and exercise … we are all complex human beings. Hope you have a great day!”

Zee once again highlighted how it is important to bring sustainability into daily conversation along with the fact that women’s professional work is often neglected because of their physical appearance. The meteorologist will proudly continue being a part of the 'No New Clothes' challenge, which she has promoted for over a year now.

Tags news